Post a hat trick (OST, Movie and Book related)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
All 3 are top shelf BookMovieOST

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

This'll just be a race to list "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" by Philip K Dick, OST by Vangelis, and "Bladerunner" by Kubrick.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

"Bladerunner" by Kubrick.

I'll go with "Virgin Suicides"

The book, film and soundtrack all stand on their own for me.

I thought about "The Spook Who Sat By the Door," but I've actually never seen the movie.

The Exorcist

To Sir With Love

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts

Jan Wolkers R.I.P.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

"Bladerunner" by Kubrick.

Ha! More haste less speed - directed by Ridley Scott.

• Which contains:

Which contains:

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

I thought about "The Spook Who Sat By the Door," but I've actually never seen the movie.

The movie and the book both feel a little off-kilter at times but make up for it with a lot of righteous anger.

I'm thinking Clockwork Orange[/b] is an obvious choice for this thread.

Jesus' Son[/b] is my usual pick for a recent film that holds its own w/ the book, and as I recall there are some good song choices on the soundtrack, although I can't remember the score at all and suppose since it was made in the last 10 years it is likely not so good..

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm all about hat tricks!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

I'm all about hat tricks!

Good choice! Love the film and soundtrack, unfamiliar w/ the novel.

• never read the book, but that movie was pretty (Elevator to the Gallows). Soundtrack is fire though...

i'm having a hard time thinking of a true hat trick. Good thread though. there's gotta be more...

A few of Melvin van Peebles' films were novels (written by him to secure funding for the films) first, but I can't recall which ones other than Story of a 3-Day Pass.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Jesus' Son[/b] is my usual pick for a recent film that holds its own w/ the book, and as I recall there are some good song choices on the soundtrack, although I can't remember the score at all and suppose since it was made in the last 10 years it is likely not so good..

don't knock it, Great book and the film holds up quite nicely. the soundtrack introduced me to "The Love You Save" by Joe tex which, in my opinion, is one of the greatest soul songs of all time

don't knock it, Great book and the film holds up quite nicely. the soundtrack introduced me to "The Love You Save" by Joe tex which, in my opinion, is one of the greatest soul songs of all time

cool. yeah, i remember a lot of great 60s songs being used in the film, i just couldn't remember if the original score/incidental music was any good.

• YES

YES

YES

YES

Um, this one might blow the "Three movie versions" hat trick.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    An obvious one...

Featuring The Chico Hamilton Quintet

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    An obvious one...

never read the book but when talking about Kubrick you gotta give a nod to this one

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Which completly inspired this hat trick

- spidey

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

so many people i know are raving about this recently which i don't really understand cause it was written in the 50s. it's not cause of will smith is it?

From a novel by Kobo Abe, and with a soundtrack by Toru Takemitsu.

Same author, director, and composer also gave us "Face of Another," recently out w/ Woman in the Dunes on Criterion.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    and another one...