Lincoln, NE - whatitdo?????

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Am I clutching at straws on this one??? should I just grab a steak on get some much need sleep.If any of yall knowing - BLAST!!!!peas,G

Comments

• In grade school we had to do a report on a state and pick the state from a hat. I was so Frickin' bummed when I got Nebraska. I made the report about a guy who travels back in time to the great moments in NE history, then into the future where the whole state was destroyed by a corn fungus. I got a D on the paper. Fuck Nebraska.

• Cuz - that ish is mad comedy though!!!! I think it there's a Local jazz jawn that's kinda hot - Mac-Five??? maybe i'll find that (PAGING ASHROCK!)

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    In grade school we had to do a report on a state and pick the state from a hat. I was so Frickin' bummed when I got Nebraska. I made the report about a guy who travels back in time to the great moments in NE history, then into the future where the whole state was destroyed by a corn fungus. I got a D on the paper. Fuck Nebraska.

i was born in nebraska.

yoigotbeats - holler at soulmarcosa, he was just there a few months ago

• i was born in nebraska.

Sorry to hear that. I bet you wouldn't leave SF to move back though.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'll be in Omaha for my cousin's wedding next week. Why must I cry?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

i was born in nebraska.

Sorry to hear that. I bet you wouldn't leave SF to move back though.

i honestly have no recollection of NE cause we moved to CA when I was 3.

• I'll be in Omaha for my cousin's wedding next week. Why must I cry?

Omaha's cool - you're right next to Kanesville's collectables where some have been know to come up.....

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I'll be in Omaha for my cousin's wedding next week. Why must I cry?

Omaha's cool - you're right next to Kanesville's collectables where some have been know to come up.....

highly recommended. they get new stuff in pretty regularly, and you could probably spend a couple days scouring the 45 room upstairs. probably pretty picked-over but i still manage to get a few things out of there every time. didnt somebody find a manzel - space funk 45 on the main floor? also one of the only stores i know of that has an official "winstons" divider in the 45 section.

even if you dont find anything, its a fun shop to look through. photo-worthy. right over the bridge from omaha to council bluffs.

• yoigotbeats - holler at soulmarcosa, he was just there a few months ago

Yeah I was just in Omaha - but I was DJing a 2-day wedding (with 3 different venue setups) so I didn't have much time to explore. I checked out some small record store downtown a few blocks from the Hilton where I was staying but it was 100% beat.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    seems like that MikeZero dude kinda runs things out there

• seems like that MikeZero dude kinda runs things out there

Lincoln is a lazy college town with some good people. Hit up Spindle, Backtrack and Recycled for vinyl...I've come up at all three. Plenty of thrifs downtown and otherwise (I left that Mac Five TURD at the GW downtown last time and I bet it's still there). Monday soul spins at Bricktop downtown but expect to dance (and maybe drink) by yourelf. When are you gonna be there?

Omaha/Council Bluffs are only an hour away for more record digs.

• I'll be in Omaha for my cousin's wedding next week. Why must I cry?

Why all the Nebraska hate? Every city is dope if you give it half a chance. God forbid you got a day or two to dig around a town you've never been to. WTF?

• When are you gonna be there?

This coming friday and I only have the afternoon to dig. are you living in Lincoln???