Malibu on fire (literally)

2»

Comments

• Ironfeet is cool. He is way up north in Temecula. Spoke to him early this morning. I got my car packed with my important things, ready to go at the drop of a dime. Scripps Ranch has been evacuated on precautionary measures, which is fairly close to the pad.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Rancho Bernardo, Poway, all of these places I have visited in the past. It seems like the entire San Diego County is on fire right now. Too crazy. If Florida hurricanes are an instant death, California brush fires are like a slow and painful deterioration of our livelihoods. This really really sucks. I am so damn preoccupied with this shit.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    OH SHIT. I can Frickin' see flames coming over the mountain east of me.

School is closed tomorrow. My lungs hurt.

My friend's family has a home in Rancho Bernardo. She has just informed me that her parents have evacuated to a shelter, and that 3 houses in her neighborhood have completely burned down. The fire is unrelenting and are getting closer by the hour. To tell you how close the fire is to her home, #3510, 3522, and 3542 have burned down on her street. Her house # is 3562. This is devastating for her, and my heart breaks to hear this news.....I am praying with her.

Mark and everyone else out there, hope your homes survive. My prayers go out to all.

A quarter million evacuees in San Diego County. Over 500 homes destroyed.[/b]

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Thanks man, everyone down here knows someone effected. My co-workers were taking supplies to Qualcomm and they were turned away. The outpouring of help and support if what's really with San Diego. Even the Governator and Mayor Jerry Sanders have been doing a bunch.

We'll keep you posted, hopefully the winds stay calm today.

peace,
    M