Available for trade

dark0dark0 61 Posts
edited October 2007 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Message me if you're interested. I will consider all trades. ThanksOh yeah, I guess I should state what I'm looking for. I'm interested in LPs, around the same price range. Mainly funk and funky-european LPs.thanks for lookings

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    damn

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Double-damn.

Stupid question: I mean I know this record is RAER, but can someone confirm for me that it is also GOOD? I'm presuming that it is based on the rep that it seems to have.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    reynaldo uploaded the album in his massive mp3 album dump thread:
    http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=957244&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

it's in there somewhere.

I like 2 cuts, Fire probably being the best IMO.

c

• Double-damn.

Stupid question: I mean I know this record is RAER, but can someone confirm for me that it is also GOOD? I'm presuming that it is based on the rep that it seems to have.

this is sort of subjective and don't want to rain on this guys parade but it is another over priced grail to me.

• Double-damn.

this is sort of subjective and don't want to rain on this guys parade but it is another over priced grail to me.

What record, to you, is not overpriced?

By sheer status of something being a "grail", it is going to be $400+

So many records trade hands for $2-500 that are not nearly as rare or good...

I really don't get this concept of "over priced" grail. Something is "over priced" if nobody wants it or copies are littering every record store. I don't see how a record that has a legit reputation and is seriously rare can be "over priced".

• Double-damn.

What record, to you, is not overpriced?

By sheer status of something being a "grail", it is going to be $400+

So many records trade hands for $2-500 that are not nearly as rare or good...

I really don't get this concept of "over priced" grail. Something is "over priced" if nobody wants it or copies are littering every record store. I don't see how a record that has a legit reputation and is seriously rare can be "over priced".

Okay, "over-valued"

• Nah man I don't get it. Two people want a record and it goes for a certain amount

I mean the Wayne McGhie has a number of heavy cuts on it; it's mad rare; there are many people willing to pay $500 for it.

I always hear the same folks claiming this or that is overvalued and it's usually types of music they don't even really collect. To wit, here we have a free jazz head claiming a Canadian funk record is "over valued"

ROLL EYES AND SNAPS

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I love me some over-valued funk. It's for my wall anyway, who even listens to this stuff?

Check your PM'S SON!

• Nah man I don't get it. Two people want a record and it goes for a certain amount

I mean the Wayne McGhie has a number of heavy cuts on it; it's mad rare; there are many people willing to pay $500 for it.

I always hear the same folks claiming this or that is overvalued and it's usually types of music they don't even really collect. To wit, here we have a free jazz head claiming a Canadian funk record is "over valued"

ROLL EYES AND SNAPS

Sounds like you're trying to bait me. Besides, I wasn't even the one who made the claim, so I don't know what you're getting at.

There's been a thousand threads about this and it's so tired. People like to debate quality vs. price. Value is subjective. Moving on.

• No I was joking - I just think the phrases "over valued" and "over priced" in instances like this are made of nothing.

• dark0dark0 61 Posts
    I'll get back to everyone that messaged me this weekend, I started a new job so I've been a bit busy.

thanks

• I love me some over-valued funk. It's for my wall anyway, who even listens to this stuff?

Check your PM'S SON!