HALP!

residentgiantresidentgiant 619 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
So i'm helping put together this 10 year anniversary video for the company i just started working for, and I need a song that's - and I quote - "something contemporary that young people like, but not dance or hiphop [/], but like, rock, with a melody, and uplifting, kind of sentimental.. but there's parts with people talking so the lyrics can't be too busy or up front." It's also supposed to sort of sound triumphant because its towards the end of the video, showing the success of the company.They had Fatboy Slim "Praise You" in there before but that got vetoed. I was gonna put "Good Life" by kanye in there and be done with it but these are old white ladies whose faces pucker the second they hear rapping or a drum machine.I think they're thinking Bruce Springsteen or something...I'm going through all the indie stuff on my ipod but I'm really drawing a blank.Help me out soulstrut, you're my only hope!

Comments

• the verve - bittersweet symphony

or perhaps something by radiohead...?

• the verve - bittersweet symphony

or perhaps something by radiohead...?

yeah i was thinking of those but they're too mopey-
    "try to make some money, try to make ends meet, then ya die" ain't really what they're looking for.
    is there an instrumental of bittersweet symphony? that might work.

thanks for suggestions, keep em comin.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Coldplay.

I can't count the amount of times 'clocks' is used as emo. background track, stiring stuff. (where's the pukeing gremlin?)

• Oneself - Bluebird (Instrumental)
    Mablib - Movie Finale (from the Beat Conductor in India LP)
    Nicole Willis & the Soul Investigators - Loving this music (one of the remixes perhaps?)

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    How about that whistling song? "Young Folks" or something like that?