Little Beaver Price Check

DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
What do his OG lps go for. Popsike has almost nothing, ebay nada and GEMM seems to have only reprints. Thanx

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    $20-$40

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Thanks again.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    $20-$40

Seriously undervalued I always thought.

Very hard to find in these parts.

Jaco Pastoris secretly plays bass on the first Little Beaver lp, which I think is his first recording.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    $20-$40

serious?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    $20-$40

serious?

Yeah, I mean, he asked in general, not a specific title,
    but none of them that I know of go for much more than that.
    They're just not that rare/sought after to have much more value.
    Personally, I think they are cool albums, but just not big $$$
    items, in my experience.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Jaco Pastoris secretly plays bass on the first Little Beaver lp, which I think is his first recording.

For real? Wow.

We need a Cat Records appreciation up in this piece.

I recently grabbed a sealed copy of his last LP (which I didn't even know existed) 1980's I>Beaver Fever/I>. Some great tracks on there. I was very pleasantly surprised.

• Depends. Sometimes the cost of a little beaver is just a phone or a text away, other times you might have to do a little bit of wine-ing and dining; which is completely normal and expected, and even other times you just got to go jump through hoops and shit. It really depends on a range of variables:

x=your game
    y= the type of girl

follow the formula

pucchini=mx+b

m=the rate of change/the slope, how fast or slow the girl is willing to "make it 'appen"
    x=your game
    y=the constant, how "fast" the girl is. Now, how "fast" the girl is on said date(s) doesn't neccesarilly reflect how fast or slow the girl really is in the real world.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

For real? Wow.

http://www.threeviews.com/jacodiscography.html

Little Beaver - Party Down .... Cat .... LP .... Jaco is listed on the original LP as: Nelson (Jocko) Padron

A local late night fm npr dj was talking about this. Turns out the dj roomed with Jaco when he moved from Miami to Boston (I think it was). Said, Jaco was very embarrased to have played on a 2nd rate commercial disco record. (Djs words not mine.) Played the record and told us to ignore the busy guitar playing and drumming and to listen to the bass player. (Again the djs words not mine.) Glad I could find back up to the djs story on the internets.

• Jaco plays bass on "I Can Dig It Baby." Somewhere I heard a recording of Little Beaver or maybe one of the recording engineers on the session talking about Jaco's contribution to the song. They said that they just let him go for his, play a million notes, or whatever. Sounded like a pretty laid back session.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I may be smoking dust - but I recall one of his records going to $20 - $40 x 10. I know I've seen one of his records sell in the $300 range....am I tripping? Yep...waiting to be told I'm tripping. I swear though - not only in a store in NY but I saw one of his joints on ebay go for big loot....more than once.

• His LPs are not big time loot but hard to find. I sell "Joey" and "Black Rhapsody" for $50 mint on a good day, the rest for a bit less, he has a big ticket 45.

I have a nice copy of "Black Rhapsody" right now if anyone's interested.

• he has a big ticket 45.

saadialabel

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    he has a big ticket 45.

saadialabel

multiple big ticket 45s on the label

• he has a big ticket 45.

saadialabel

multiple big ticket 45s on the label

That's what I was thinking - I didn't want to out myself as a 45 tinker toy if I was wrong, though.

That midwest handicap thing...

• the 80s lp..forgot the title...maybe it is beaver fever (how many of us have that) the black cover with the cig..the 12" off it is party down, that was going for $60.
    who has the vanessa kendriks 45 ?

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    the 80s lp..forgot the title...maybe it is beaver fever (how many of us have that) the black cover with the cig..the 12" off it is party down, that was going for $60.

Wasn't that produced by Clarence Reid?

• northern/modern folls have found out about his "listen to my heartbeat" 45 on cat relatively recently, so the price has spiked on that one due to the concomitant buzz.

i think my favorite 45 by little beaver is the double sider "i love the way you love me"/"miami girl" on cat. shouldn't cost more than $15 and both tracks are tops.

• the 80s lp..forgot the title...maybe it is beaver fever (how many of us have that) the black cover with the cig..the 12" off it is party down, that was going for $60.

The flip to Party Down on 45 is Groove On (maybe on the 12" too?). That shit is butter. Def. one of my favorite modern soul tunes.

edit: Oops, it's actually the flip to Party Times, not Party Down.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Does Beaver's Cat single "One Of These Fools Has Got To Go" turn up on any albums?

• sorry....my memory is saturated, i may be off w/ the title..but whatever it is its off that lp.

• Jaco Pastoris secretly plays bass on the first Little Beaver lp, which I think is his first recording.

For real? Wow.

I recently grabbed a sealed copy of his last LP (which I didn't even know existed) 1980's I>Beaver Fever/I>. Some great tracks on there. I was very pleasantly surprised.

"Groove on" is my favourite of the Willie Beaver Hale LP

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

For real? Wow.

"Groove on" is my favourite of the Willie Beaver Hale LP

that whole album is really strong "Don't Get Tired Of me" is one of those songs thaty always makes it feel like Sunday morning