Madrid digging spots?!?!

el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
HeyDoes anyone know of any good spots in Madrid to find records? i might be there in a month or so and would like to come back with some new records so any help would be appreciated.Thanks!

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Hey
    Does anyone know of any good spots in Madrid to find records? i might be there in a month or so and would like to come back with some new records so any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

I didn't have time to record shop in Madrid, but Legend gave me the link to a Madrid shop. I emailed them and they seemed very nice.

I did dig in Barcalona. Rock Andalucia is where it is at. Triana is a great group. All the 45s in Spain have nice picture sleeves.

Have fun, don't order a ham sandwich. Tapas and Piaha (sp) are where it's at.

Dan

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    Haha, thanks, do you still have that link to the shop? no worries if not...

• Check out the massive EL RASTO Flea market which is held every Sunday. I did find some shops while I was there but they weren't upto much - the market is the best spot to hit.

Much appreciated, that's exactly the kind of info i was after, thanks!

• hans_dbhans_db 18 Posts
    well.. i've been there a couple of times but never really had the time to get to the bottom of that city so far. Anyway, Ama Records is a nice shop to start; it's based in a sort of small and trendy shopping-center called Fuencarral, ask any hip-looking youngster and they'll show you the way. Calle Fuencarral 45, 28004 Madrid

Especially look for Madrid based labels like Hitop (www.hitoprecords.com); you won't regret buying excellent latin compil "Atitetoca" or one of the "Improvisto" rare Spanish jazz series, for instance!

and if you're there in the weekend, try to tune in to 100.4 FM, they've got some nice radioshows on Radio Circulo de Bellas Artes, Dial Soul, hosted by Heavy Usker and others...

feliz viaje!

yeah.. Rastro is crazy! There's a lot of streets and markets, mainly with textil etc, but i do recall one market full of vinyl and dvds.. lovely!

Nice, that should keep me busy, not sure how much time for digging i'll have but it sounds like i might find a few bits and pieces.

• Bought a bunch of bootleg live cd's/ comps at Corte de Ingles, which is a major chain shopping center over there. Euro copyright laws are a little more lax, it seems and there's good shite to be had. Have fun, Madrid's a great city.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Check out the massive EL RASTO Flea market which is held every Sunday. I did find some shops while I was there but they weren't upto much - the market is the best spot to hit.

Yes I did some markets in Barcelona, recommended. The savvy dealers were there with much better high end stuff than the stores had, and more knowledge. The junk guys had some bargains and their selection was no worse than most the stores I was in.

• Keep those eyes peeled for any Dolores/Pedro Ruy Blas heat!

Enjoy your trip... and the food

Thank you! i pretty much only find out about music when i stumble across it in stores/flea markets/thrift stores (i don't have the soulstrut knowledge) so those names give me something to look out for.

don't go to corte ingles! it's exactly that: a major chain & pricey shopping center, no good for sound music.. :s except for an immensly popular "reggaeton" compil or something.. if you manage to find some good stuff at corte ingles, you'll def. find the same stuff at that local shop i mentioned.. better to support that one imo - if you've got sufficient time to drop by. But it's surrounded by nice clothing stores, so the girlfriend/woman can't complain