Kim Weston suggestions

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I've had this Kim Weston "Kim Kim Kim" LP sitting on my shelf since 2003 and I just gave it a listen and review and love it. She's got great power ballads like You Just Don't Know plus some harder hitting and more upbeat Soul/Funk tunes like Soul On Fire and Brothers & Sisters. Any other LPs or 45s by her that are worth picking up? I only know a few Motown tunes she made.

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I've had this Kim Weston "Kim Kim Kim" LP sitting on my shelf since 2003 and I just gave it a listen and review and love it. She's got great power ballads like You Just Don't Know plus some harder hitting and more upbeat Soul/Funk tunes like Soul On Fire and Brothers & Sisters. Any other LPs or 45s by her that are worth picking up? I only know a few Motown tunes she made.

"Lift Every Voice & Sing" on Pride is a good one, as is "Take Me In Your Arms & Rock Me A Little While" on Gordy (original version of Doobie Bros. hit).

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

"Lift Every Voice & Sing" on Pride is a good one, as is "Take Me In Your Arms & Rock Me A Little While" on Gordy (original version of Doobie Bros. hit).

Thanks as usual, I'll jot those down on my every growing want list.

• Helpless...