ya ever send the wrong records to the wrong dudes?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
and how did it work out? I told the dudes who got the wrong records I will paypal them the money to send them back. Hopefully they will. The Hip hop dude(in Germany) got a bootleg of a raer psych LP and the raer psych bootleg LP guy(in CA) got the hip hop record. what a mess, bound to happen sometime I guess...

Comments

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    time to ease up on the drugs hookup

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Ugh, yup, a few weeks back.

Had a dozen auctions end on the same day, one of em being a Blue Note that ended for $20. That dude contacts me that he will be sending a $24 money order pronto. Half week later I get it and send off said record.

Only problem is, I sent it to a dude that won an indie rock for $20. Indie rock dude never contacted me that he would be sending me a money order. Also he didn't enclose anything else in the envelope, what record he bought etc etc.

Luckily Blue Note guy is cool, I refunded him his money back and he gave me a positive feedback.

Now we'll see if indie rock guy will keep the Blue Note or send it back to me..

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    if neither record was too expensive, just get them to send them back to you, and then when they do get to the proper owners, just comp them on the cost of the record itself (or 1/2 price....something like that). I've done this very thing, and found that the folks involved were so grateful for my professional attitude, that they are both regular customers as a result.

• well, luckily I was sittin on doubles of the hip hop record, so off it goes to German Hip Hop dude. Havent heard yet from psych raer bootleg dude, I sent him a "I sent ya the wrong record" email, but he hasnt responded yet. If I dont hear from him...he wins, he gets a sealed 90s hip hop raer and his $40 back for the record he was supposed to get(if german hip hop dude decides to keep the psych raer boot).

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I sent a dude the wrong mandingo LP a while back. I realised a few days later and though, fuck it, I only paid a buck for both of them, so i just email him and said sorry, keep it and I'm sending you the right one now. I never got any reply from him throughout the situation though - well, sometimes no news is good news I guess.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    This happened to me a couple months ago. Thankfully both of the winning bidders lived in California, but unfortunately one was out of town for a couple weeks. I apologized for the mix up and asked them both to send the records to each other Priority, forward me the bill, and I'll refunded them via Paypal. Everything worked out in the end and I got positive feedback from both.