"Polnareff's" appreciation

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I hadnt listened to this LP in a long while. Just revisited it this morning. Picked it up on a whim in a record shop in the Bastille years ago. I had found a 45 of his I liked, "Dans La Maison Vide" on a previous trip to Paris and loved the insane epicness of it, and thought maybe this LP would be similar. Even though I only understand every ninth word, I love it and these tunes get stuck in my head. Next level pop music.anybody else appreciate the freaky dude in big sunglasses? I know he has a bunch of terds, but the gems really stand out...

Comments

• 6fran506fran50 266 Posts
    don't know well his stuff but i really like the nice pop song called "la mouche" ...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i'll have to take this out and give another listen when i get home, good stuff on here.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I like this LP, but I always get the "what the hell are you listening too" from my girl friend.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I hadnt listened to this LP in a long while. Just revisited it this morning. Picked it up on a whim in a record shop in the Bastille years ago. I had found a 45 of his I liked, "Dans La Maison Vide" on a previous trip to Paris and loved the insane epicness of it, and thought maybe this LP would be similar. Even though I only understand every ninth word, I love it and these tunes get stuck in my head. Next level pop music.

anybody else appreciate the freaky dude in big sunglasses? I know he has a bunch of terds, but the gems really stand out...

he's got some solid stuff...

besides his 70's stuff, he has some 60's stuff that Jimmy Page played on... i am a sucker for his big hit "le poupee qui fait non"... catchy stuff...