Ghostface & Rakim Live w/Rhythm Roots All-Stars

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I just found out that Ghostface, Rakim, and Brother Ali are coming to Santa Cruz and being backed by these guys, who I had no idea about, but am really feeling now that I've heard a bit:http://www.rhythmrootsallstars.com/music/Anyone Ghost or Rakim live recently? I am hyped to finally see two legends.

Comments

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

Yeah, you don't wanna miss this... someone can correct me if I am wrong but Rhythm Roots all-stars is Connie Price & The Keystones + 5 or 6 other guys who may or may not be in Antibales and Breakestra. Think of all the breaks Ghost and Ra have ever rapped over, then imagine hearing them all live and loud with the bass in your face from an incredibly tight band. They particularly kill the Nautilus Break on Daytona 500 OOH OK I won't spoil it, go to the show.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    correct me if I am wrong but Rhythm Roots all-stars is Connie Price & The Keystones + a few guys from Orgone

Go see the show. I just got off a tour with Orgone backing Pharoahe Monch and they are an INCREDIBLE band.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Has this band released anything officially?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I don't know about RRAS but Orgone's album is coming out on Ubiquity real soon, if it's not out already.

• RRA is a really dope band, and like Zach said they do justice to some old school breaks like "Nautilus"...but ghost and Rakim would still sound better backed by a DJ.