What To Do?? (ebay related)

holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
So I have an auction up at the moment. It has about 4 days to go. I only sell on ebay a few times a year so I'm not really up on the play too much. I started the auction at $100 no reserve, there are 10 watchers & no bids. I just got an offer (in not perfect english) to end it early for $220 paypal. I don't know whether to take it, in case the actual auction doesn't reach that high. I am seriously considering it. What would the more ebay savvy types on here do? I've never been asked to end an auction early by a potential buyer on ebay. The big problem I guess is that I will be sidestepping any ebay security I have as a seller. What else?

Comments

• sidestepping any ebay security I have as a seller.

What security does ebay provide for sellers? As to whether to sell the record early or not, probably not, unless the buyer has nice feedback and you're very happy with the offer.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    End it early and re-list it on a 3-day auction with a $219 reserve. Sell to the highest bidder.

• End it early and re-list it as a private auction for him with a $220 Buy it now.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    End it early and re-list it as a private auction for him with a $220 Buy it now.
    Ah... or list a simultaneous 3-day private auction (of the same item, obviously) for him with a $220 Buy it now and only end the other if he buys. It's not unethical if you can still sleep at night.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    It's not unethical if you can still sleep at night.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    OK, I guess I took a combination of the above. I told the guy I wasn't going to end the auction early & sell it outside of ebay. What I did do was put a $220 reserve on the existing auction. If it doesn't meet reserve I will then relist as a private auction for him. Confusing, why don't people just bid high anymore, I am way too disconnected from the world of ebay these days. Hope it all works out. I guess curiosity got the better of me & I want to see it run it's course in a way. Thanks for the ideas.

• ^^^^^That's strange. If I was happy with the offer I would have done what Reynaldo said.