Los Angeles Represent Yourselves

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Where you guys at? Spanky Wilson, Grandpa shig, Tsega (you relocate?), Edpowers, Anthonypearson, Funky Guzzo, Funky Example, 33rd, Taza One? And whoever else. Please say hi, Los Angeles provides good vibes, or so I feel. So-cal beach dude flavor is in dire need around here.What's good? How are you guys? When's the next Soulstrut-affiliated record sale popping off?

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm out in Haverford, PA, watching the ALCS turning in, on the presumption that the Sox are not going to become back from being this far down in the 11th. I know a true fan would stay up but it's been 4+ hours already and it's 1:30am! I gotta get some sleep.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Here here, I'm currently listening to some tunes, doing some work and reading up on SF monuments and their connections to the free masons.

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jalison/sf.html

• where I dwell...

FAIRFAX LA

I'm in SF right now and it's great, but.....

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    im in WeHo for a while, then heading east when it really gets cold. like a damn foo'. Today was an awesome cool partly cloudy day after yesterdays welcome rain. Had a nice drive over to Woodland Hills for a meeting. Coldwater Canyon is fun driving when its not crowded. Ive got a copy of 'inland empire' from blockbuster and a platter of homemade cheesy nachos to cook up, and its all good.

and whats up with 15 exploding semi trucks closing down the I-5 in both directions? only in SoCal.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Odub,

Very nice. Sounds like a good night to me. Hope to see you soon.

Tsega,

Very nice. Your input is greatly missed around here! Speaking of you, I roll through Little Ethiopia 2 or 3 times a week now to see my girl. Do you recommend any restaurants along that street? I've been curious for a while now.

Taza One,

Fairfax is cool. I'm planning on going to check some of the HS basketball games when the season starts.

Karlaphone,

Are you a Los Angeles dude??!! I always thought you were in Minnesota or something, talking about frigid storage spaces and what not.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Do you recommend any restaurants along that street? I've been curious for a while now.

http://www.messob.com/

Do you recommend any restaurants along that street? I've been curious for a while now.

Cool, I will def try that out and report back!

Karlaphone,

Are you a Los Angeles dude??!! I always thought you were in Minnesota or something, talking about frigid storage spaces and what not.

im either in upstate NY freezing balls in storage spaces - or in WeHo, flipping bins in Amoeba (coming up with jack squat). usually its like 2/3 NY, 1/3 CA.

Karlaphone,

im either in upstate NY freezing balls in storage spaces - or in WeHo, flipping bins in Amoeba (coming up with jack squat). usually its like 2/3 NY, 1/3 CA.

Ahh i see. Very cool. "WeHo" and "Noho" just don't sound right! haha. all good though. I take it that you split time up between states for work?

• and whats up with 15 exploding semi trucks closing down the I-5 in both directions? only in SoCal.

No doubt. We drove to the bay this morning and thank fuck I checked the news before we left. Went up the 101 w/out a problem.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Just got back in for the night, working on some home improvement/ art projects. I'll snap photos of the finished project...once I get there.

Saw Shig and 33 1/3 earlier today, copped a longtime local gospel want from 'em both today.

For all you LA cats you need to check out their .10 vinyl sale, there are goodies to be had. I'm bumping a leadbelly album I dropped a dime for today

Just got back in for the night, working on some home improvement/ art projects. I'll snap photos of the finished project...once I get there.

Saw Shig and 33 1/3 earlier today, copped a longtime local gospel want from 'em both today.

For all you LA cats you need to check out their .10 vinyl sale, there are goodies to be had. I'm bumping a leadbelly album I dropped a dime for today

Get some pics up in this mug. I'm out for the night.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    There isn't jack shit to do out here in the valley

Karlaphone,

Ahh i see. Very cool. "WeHo" and "Noho" just don't sound right! haha. all good though. I take it that you split time up between states for work?

WeHo definitely sounds idiotic but its funny to use anyhow. Yeah, work splits my time a bit. sorta complicated, combo of freelance stuff, steady stuff at times, and random side projects when i can grab em. Actually '07 has been fun but far from profitable so far. my current storage excavation (currently on hold till im back east again) hasnt helped the hurtin bank acct any, but who said pimpin was easy?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    sup LA heads.
    i just got home after burgers and not enough beers to drown out my sorrows.
    i'm too depressed to go out anymore tonight after cal's devastating loss to OSU.
    odub, i know you're feeling that one too.
    we coulda been #ONE!
    just kick the feedgoal! or throw it away! that was the most devastating loss ever.
    1951 was the last time cal was #1 and its possible i may never get to see it happen again in my lifetime.

anyway. i love la too. i saw the akron/family last night and then kicked it on my colonial style porch as the rain was coming down. it was lovely.

Karlaphone,

WeHo definitely sounds idiotic but its funny to use anyhow. Yeah, work splits my time a bit. sorta complicated, combo of freelance stuff, steady stuff at times, and random side projects when i can grab em. Actually '07 has been fun but far from profitable so far. my current storage excavation (currently on hold till im back east again) hasnt helped the hurtin bank acct any, but who said pimpin was easy?

All good. I'm sure I could have a field day going through your doubles!

I have a newfound appreciation for Little Ethiopia and Miracle Mile.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

I went to the hardware store last night and bought a couple pieces of L-shaped wood, painted them and set them up as display rows for some records.

what do you think?

• My girl lives in Ventura but won't move to the east coast. However, to be honest, I'm in a rut out here and could use a change of scene.

Give me 5 reasons to join ya'll in L.A.

I'm not kidding.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    My girl lives in Ventura but won't move to the east coast. However, to be honest, I'm in a rut out here and could use a change of scene.

Give me 5 reasons to join ya'll in L.A.

I'm not kidding.

1. Malibu Beach
    2. Elysian Park
    3. Runyon Canyon
    4. Leimert Park
    5. Los Feliz

Call me when you get into town

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I went to the hardware store last night and bought a couple pieces of L-shaped wood, painted them and set them up as display rows for some records.

what do you think?

I think you should have let the paint dry before flossing records

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

what do you think?

I dig, but the Californian in me is concerned about Earthquakes.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I'll be a Glendale resident for about 2 more weeks and then it's back to New Mexico for a career in the field I hold a degree in...fuckin finally.

• Im on the west side in culver city. Afrofunke, Funky Sole, and I am a resident at Bump Bump wednesdays in Santa Monica. LA is the shit... I ended up at Swingers til 5am last night. Spend way too much money on food after funky sole.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'll be a Glendale resident for about 2 more weeks and then it's back to New Mexico for a career in the field I hold a degree in...fuckin finally.

Post deleted by djdaze

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I feel weird posting in this thread but yeah! hey I'm here and it rules. So does The Bay and the fact that I'm heading up tomorrow for the next 2 weeks!

hahahahaha, you're a fuckinfuckerface