Weekend Record FINDS 10/13-10/14

13»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    thrifts, fleas and dollar bin at rec. fair. --

sealed edwin starr in that pic--

reggae lps and 12"s -- alton ellis and the revolutionaries. also the gospel lp from richard farmer has a couple of really hot gospel funk tunes on it. no info on that one online from what i can find.

the homosexuals astral glamour 6-song ep was found in the midst of all these really bad 80s pop 12"s . weird.
    sealed original cream lp in there as well.

sealed main source 12" in there.

random rap 12"s --

other rare rap, disco 12"s--

(found three of the same bozo meko 12"s---in varying degrees of condition

45s --

awesome ohio garage single -

rare rockabilly single..really raw production on it.

soul 45s --

also singles from:

mr. jamo - shake what you brought with you (part I/II), mamie galore - don't think i could stand it, the lime - love a go-go/soul kitchen, the millenium - prelude/ 5 a.m. (awesome curt boettcher/usher production psych pop group--prelude has these heavy funky psych drum breaks in the first half of the song), hubert porter - mass charley bell/bargie (jamaican calypso), herbert porter - gimme more / ten penny nail, el chicle - streaking a go go / la la la, the starlets, bobby jay, bobby jameson, the adventurers, greg and the unknowns, etc.............just a whole bunch of 45s...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• The Joe Henderson and both Carlos Garnetts were sealed. The "Fiesta en el Tropico" LP I bought for the cover but it turned out to be a great Cuban LP. The group is Yeyo y Su Conjunto and the label is Coro out of Mexico.

The Romper Room LP has the classic "Doo Bee" track on it. The 7"s are Scacy and the Sound Service - "Sunshine Parts 1 and 2" (Scacy) and The New Censation - "Come Down to Earth' (Pride). All field finds.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

I like that Roy Harper, although it's the only one of his I have.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Sheesh, Dakar, as per usual.

• I like that Roy Harper, although it's the only one of his I have.

i like it too -- although the track i dig the most is the plugged in monster at the end!!! not his usual fair i guess.... this is the only LP by him i own aswell. i may well invest in some more...

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

Does this album come with the song Kankyema?

That track is

is the vinyl smothered in orig african mud also........?

No the vinyl is said to be clean but plays with a bit of noise because of the shoddy pressing. Still an amazing record. The auction had soundclips.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Coltrane- Ascension (orange label stereo)

yeah but is it Edition I or II???

yeah, it's Ed. II. who's got an Ed. I ?

got em both in stereo + mono, but i feel the only essential one is II (in either St or M), cuz thats the one Coltrane preferred. I guess Ed. I never should have been pressed and JC was unhappy with it.

but you already knew this.

b/w cot damn, Dakar!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    [/img]

Got this Bobby Naughton record finally, the version of "nital rock" on here is an absolute facemelter.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    oops wrong week