Kool and the Gang > Mandrill + WAR

Comments

• day, you forgot

repenteth thy sins

• i've been listening to this alll week.

from summer breeze to fruitman
    to

h
    e
    r
    e

a
    f
    t
    e
    r

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

this is GREAT!!!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

JO

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNA

I

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU

I love and grew up on those cuts just like urrrrrrrybody else, but I gotta ride for

and even this for "Jungle Jazz" and "Winter Sadness"

over Celebration, Ladies Night, Joanna era K&TG.

Half a dozen pop hits can't erase the all those other records.

THAT SAID, combining both eras pretty much smashes all the other shit you dudes are hollering about.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    day, you forgot

repenteth thy sins

Tony that pic didn't show up. Was it Live @ PJ's?
    I never really dug that album compared to Sex Machine ( ). I just keep "Duji" and "N.T." on 45.

One record I need to go back and listen to is

I haven't heard to it in a long time, but I don't remember it being too memorable.

• rated x right?
    that shit is decent
    and north south west or som eshit

hey,they got all kinds of thing

there is evebn lil 45 cuts that werent on LPs that were hot

wheres dante carfagan with some uber raer KTG lost 45 knowledge droppity drop?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    rated x right?
    that shit is decent
    and north south west or som eshit

Yep those are the only joints I remember digging. Someone needs to post that radio interview 7" they did.

• good times on my mind

started listening to ktg an it got me in that mood to get out the house!
    wordthfuckup oldfaces...hasta la pasta

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Isn't this Apples and Oranges....

ooops, I mean

Oranges > Apples

i think you mean

Now who in the hell is this grinnin' like a chump???

if all they did was the post-"ladies night" shite, then they wouldnt even be worthy of discussion

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hustler's Convention

Earf-Win-N-Fiyah > Mandrill,War,Kool & The J.T.'s Gang.

Kool N Da Gang - Too Hot = heat

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Kool N Da Gang - Too Hot = heat

I'll kill this in karaoke! Anyway, Kool and the Gang shits on both War and Mandrill, who I enjoy as well, by the way. The 70's shit is my fave but I do rock the 80's Kool and the Gang hits too. "Get down on it, you got to...Get down on it..." But, my shit is "Kool it, Here Comes the Fuzz." What!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    if all they did was the post-"ladies night" shite, then they wouldnt even be worthy of discussion

I include the Ladies Night era in with what came after, its all James JT

But I would say the reverse - their later material would be regarded more highly if they didn't set the bar so high w/the early classics.

I include the Ladies Night era in with what came after, its all James JT

I do too - I guess I should have said "their '80s hits" (even though "Ladies' Night" was technically '79).

But I would say the reverse - their later material would be regarded more highly if they didn't set the bar so high w/the early classics.

No it wouldn't either, 'cause that's basically two different sounds from two different eras. You can't judge "Country Junky" from the seventies by the same standards as "Let's Go Dancin' (Ooh La La La)" from the eighties.

I can't stand their '80s hits, so I'm on the side with the country junkies, funky grannies and raw hamburgers!!

• Speaking of Kool & The Gang, everytime I see their discography I always see this listed: Behind The Eyes (Polydor 1976). Can anyone confirm that this LP even exists?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    anbody got an extra S/T, live at PJ's and best of, so i can complete my early K&TG collection?

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    yeah I still need the first one
    can't believe I never found it being that they were local

• HamHam 872 Posts
    yes!

• Options

JO

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNA

I

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU

I love and grew up on those cuts just like urrrrrrrybody else, but I gotta ride for

Got these two today at a garage sale, buck apiece.

• Cool early press of the band's first record:

• reskresk 391 Posts
    anbody got an extra S/T, live at PJ's and best of, so i can complete my early K&TG collection?

i should have a spare live at the PJ's somewhere...probably not NM, but should be at least VG+

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    No way, I lived at 394 Metropolitan from about 98 to 01. 363 is currently a Collision Repair shop, right next to Clear Channel's new Luna Lounge venue. Opposite Black Betty. Yay.

• I've heard that this was an early incarnation of The Gang, but I could be wrong.

"Jammin' With Shorty" - Shorty and the Junior Kools

No way, I lived at 394 Metropolitan from about 98 to 01. 363 is currently a Collision Repair shop, right next to Clear Channel's new Luna Lounge venue. Opposite Black Betty. Yay.

Local Black Exp in Williamsburg circa early 70's??
    Wrecka Sto'? Chuurchez?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Kool and the gang > mandrill and war by like a mile.

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    Hall & Oates >>>>>>>

Hall and Oates output >>>>>> 99.99999 percent of al raers.

And "get down on it" is one of my all time jams. That song, oj, and and egg sammich are a classic hangover cure round these parts.

• BunkBunk 15 Posts
    my favorite

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Cool early press of the band's first record:

whoa. never heard about this pressing before. thanks