DOUGHNUTS APPRECIATION (non-Dilla-related)

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I fucks with donuts. I admit it. I am a donut lover. No pasue about.we usually get bagels on Fridays but today somebody (bless his/her heart) brought a box of donuts through.I love old-fashioned, with glaze or plain. I like the plain cake ones. I like the cake ones with white frosting. I never fucks with no chocolate -- not my style. I can't front cops know what's up with this schitt.

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Krispy-Kreme or bust

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    glazed all the way! but i feel like my teeth are gonna fall out with krispy kreme.

yay for donuts

• I haven't had a donut in like 18 months, but every time I stop to get an iced coffee at Dunkin Donuts, and I see those sour cream jawns (or the blueberry ones)...the hair on the back of my neck stands up (cue drooling Homer noise...)

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    i try very hard to not indulge but....

bavarian creme
    bear claw
    apple fritter
    maple bar
    and though its really a pastry, cream cheese danish!
    also krispy cream makes some wierd ones with strawberry goop on the inside and some sort of crunchy stuff on top - taste like captian crunch made a donut. delicious.

dilla donuts is dope too.

• Krispy-Kreme or bust

• I fucks with donuts. I admit it. I am a donut lover. No pasue about.

we usually get bagels on Fridays but today somebody (bless his/her heart) brought a box of donuts through.

I love old-fashioned, with glaze or plain. I like the plain cake ones. I like the cake ones with white frosting. I never fucks with no chocolate -- not my style.

I can't front cops know what's up with this schitt.

I wanna eat my monitor.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I am so down with doughnuts, it's crazy. I fucks with the Krispy Kremes, I fucks with the Dunkin' Donuts when I'm back east, I fucks with Golden Gate doughnuts during my walk to BART in the morning...oh hell yeah.

Best doughnuts I've ever had: Congdon's in Maine.

• Southern Maid

Shipley's

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i LOVE donuts but never been huge on krispy kreme. something seems a little off, but maybe thats just because krispy kreme didnt exist in iowa in any form till i was like 13...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

• Southern Maid

Shipley's

Ho! Oh god, I just had a flashback. Seriously--with that post, you just transported me back in time. Wow....

Before I saw that, I was just gonna say that I eat pretty clean these days, but every few months, I gotta have an apple fritter. I'll eat one from anywhere, but there's a spot on Geary near 26th that has their cinnamon-to-apple-to-dough ratio dialed in.

i LOVE donuts but never been huge on krispy kreme. something seems a little off, but maybe thats just because krispy kreme didnt exist in iowa in any form till i was like 13...

krispy kreme came to chicago when i was in my early 30s and tasted significantly better than the dunkin donuts weve all grown accoustomed to (sadly, this is past now - k.k. left the chi maybe a year ago)

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    No more Krispy Kremes in AZ. The franchise that owned them went belly up. Seriously, they just shut down one day...ALL of them. Employees showed up to work to find doors locked. Now the nearest is Vegas.

It's all good....I'd rather have Dunkin anyhow. Better variety and less sugar-sickness.

• krispy kremes: not crispy, no cream. what's the deal?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    shit'll disgust ya. i don't see how people eat more than one of these without feeling sick.

• damn you negative.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i checked the thread before posting and since no one came in with some negativity i figured i might as well. i can eat maybe ONE chocolate donut and then i'll be done. maybe i'm soft?

• HamHam 872 Posts
    i just had a chocolate covered doughnut earlier today. i just stood there for about 2 minutes afterwards just enjoying the taste.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    I'll eat one from anywhere, but there's a spot on Geary near 26th that has their cinnamon-to-apple-to-dough ratio dialed in.

I'm @ Geary and round there every Tues/Thurs...what's the name of the place so I can evaluate your doughnut palate.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Top Pot in Seattle slays Krispy Kremes and all that fake ass ish!

http://www.toppotdoughnuts.com/flash/

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Krispy Kreme is foul.

Straight sugar balls.

Dunkin's ran them shits out of Mass in 1 year.

Chocolate frosted, blueberry cake, chocolate glazed ... hell yeah.

I like love donuts, but I try to avoid
    them as much as possible. After 30, you can't fuck
    with donuts and expect it not to show ...

• little spot in the Village in Yosemite Valley made real good fresh jawns; the start to many a cold morning of hiking with my moms.

• Tiny place on Mission and Persia (?) next to a Filipino kitchen that's pretty much .

Speaking of desserts, I mess with KFC Strawberry Short Cake.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    oh shit. we had Krispy Kreme at my staff meeting this morning. SO GOOOOOOOOOD

No more Krispy Kremes in AZ. The franchise that owned them went belly up. Seriously, they just shut down one day...ALL of them. Employees showed up to work to find doors locked.

I walked into the hotel coffee shop at the precise moment they were taking the KK display case out. That's how I found out they were leaving.

It's all good....I'd rather have Dunkin anyhow. Better variety

Yeah, if "better variety" means you can get croussants too - other than that, DD ain't got nothing that KK doesn't do better.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i just bought a donut, because of this thread. creme-filled.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

• GambleGamble 844 Posts

Is that some sort of bacon-wrapped toffee eclair?