KRS ONE IS THE DUDE

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• One of my favorite joints in high school, I think it's the first time i've seen the video though. Thank you very much.

• thats the deifinition of a CHEESY musicvideo

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    whats the sample?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    whats the sample?

De Jesus, Luchi
    ?: (? ?)
    * "Round Midnight"
    KRS-One - "A Friend"

KRS ONE IS THE DUDE

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i always thought he was a retarded monkey...

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I miss this KRS. The one with the chip on his shoulder but nothing to prove, if that makes sense.

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
    DITC had ALL the beats...

Yes, Kris is THE DUDE.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Who did that one again? Show or Buckwild?

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts

Who did that one again? Show or Buckwild?

That one was Showbiz...

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Show

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

God....why do you need to be such a dipshit?

• i always thought he was a retarded monkey...

What a wanker...

• I think this calls for a SUPREME RARAESPECIE graemlin.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    It's really sad how far he's fallen from this era..

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Booooooooooooooooooo!

• It's really sad how far he's fallen from this era..

That was the last era of KRS that I was checking dude for..it seems its been kinda downhill since then. Even his performance at the Hip Hop honours wasnt too great..I mean, I figured he woulda been a little better on the show. But whatevers..he's Krazy Kris and I always got love for BDP,Boom Bap and the older shit.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

God... i was not all serious, but i never really liked him. are you not happy with that?

• i always thought he was a retarded monkey...

God... i was not all serious, but i never really liked him. are you not happy with that?

I'm not happy with that. Its a fucked up thing to say. I don't think you are going to be able to back out of that one.

I saw KRS perform in SD a few years back and he KILLED it. His albums may not be great anymore, but he still brings it live. He had the crowd hype as fuck. And here's the thing--- he looked like he was having fun. He wasn't moping around the stage grabbing his dick and mean mugging the audience and shit. He was having fun and making sure the crowd was having fun too. Dude is a great performer. I don't think anybody can rightly talk shit about KRS until you've seen him live.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I'm not happy with that. Its a fucked up thing to say. I don't think you are going to be able to back out of that one.

OK, cool.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Definitely not a good look.

I'm pretty much 100% on not banning people. But that was not kewl.

Between this and the Ann Coulter thread. I want to vomit a little.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I saw KRS perform in SD a few years back and he KILLED it. His albums may not be great anymore, but he still brings it live. He had the crowd hype as fuck. And here's the thing--- he looked like he was having fun. He wasn't moping around the stage grabbing his dick and mean mugging the audience and shit. He was having fun and making sure the crowd was having fun too. Dude is a great performer. I don't think anybody can rightly talk shit about KRS until you've seen him live.

Exactly. He killed it here in Santa Cruz last year. Yeah, dude has a giant ego and is a tad crazy, but so are many artists who make great music.

• one of the best live performers in hip hop period.
    how many other hip hop artists have dropped the "live " album ? the roots dont count on this either.
    throwing pop artists off stage at their own show !
    dude meant so much when hip hop actually meant something. those days are so long gone, i feel he fell off right around the time hip hop really fell the fuck off.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Crazy, I just watched this video for the first time in years a couple days ago.

Yes, KRS is definitely the dude. And this song is a great, great song.

• but he still brings it live....Dude is a great performer. I don't think anybody can rightly talk shit about KRS until you've seen him live.

cosizzled...

KRS is the only one that brings it live but its a good job he's so bloody good at it. He's the only hip hop artist I'd go and check for live these days apart from DITC. The rest of 'em are fockin' shit.....

• Fake people ain't worth a terd.. (c) K. Parker.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Definitely not a good look.

I'm pretty much 100% on not banning people. But that was not kewl.

Between this and the Ann Coulter thread. I want to vomit a little.

I think we need to help Grope out a tad....my take is that he thinks folks find it uncool to hate on KRS.

No.

Stupid/racist to call people 'monkey', player. And if you didn't know, well, now you know.