Ummm - Santa Barbara Record Spots?????

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Anybody got record stores out there????? Going for the weekend......any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Don't know about SB...lot of money there but doubtful on the records. There's an alright spot in San Luis Obispo though, forget the name, it's right downtown.

• I was there in 99 and if I remember right they had at least two recordshops that I found about and they were located pretty close to each other. One is owned by a viet vet who likes to drink beer. A friend told me it was still there when he visited SB a year ago or so.

Good luck,

Dress

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    There's American Pie, but it really sucks.

• Check out the thrifts in Ventura. There's like one street with four or five of them. The Vet at American Pie calls rap "crap" and thinks it's funny. He has some nice records, but his prices are loopy.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Check out the thrifts in Ventura. There's like one street with four or five of them. The Vet at American Pie calls rap "crap" and thinks it's funny. He has some nice records, but his prices are loopy.

Yeah, this guy is great tho. If you're in SB def stop by there. It's on Milpas st. Prepare yourself for this dude tho, you will get into some weird conversations.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The only even partially intersting records at American Pie last time I was there were POOR MINUS condition with MINT PLUS prices.

There's a couple equally terrible places in downtown SLO. I think one is called Boo Boos and one is some giant comic/baseball card/DVD place with a ton of records upstairs. I don't think I bought one record in that whole area the last time I was there (earlier this year).

I have never seen so much 80's jazz in my life.