Iced Tea appreciation

2»

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Respect due but I'm more about pickling shit. Cucumbers in vinegar with hot peppers, garlic, secret ingredients, then leave it in the sun for a couple days. Delicieux.

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    It is all about Bojangles Sweet Tea down here in NC. Its the hangover helper. Biscuit sandwiches & sweet tea go hand in hand. I heard all hell broke loose and they opened a Bojangles well beyond the Mason-Dixon in BK

what is the secret to the down south sweet tea? i was in durham, nc last weekend & stopped thru a take out spot called cook-out for a late night burger (w/ chili & cole slaw); i gotta say the tea was off the hook.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts

local grown goodness.

ya heard?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i gotta go with the korean iced barley tea. best shit ever cuz its refreshing, unsweetened, and doesnt have that dessicating characteristic of caffeinated teas.

korean hot corn tea is good too.

and japan's barley tea aint no slouch either.

• Nobody in NYC drinks Moby's tea?

• i gotta go with the korean iced barley tea. best shit ever cuz its refreshing, unsweetened, and doesnt have that dessicating characteristic of caffeinated teas.

korean hot corn tea is good too.

and japan's barley tea aint no slouch either.

dope but the aftertaste can be somewhat wierd.

• mooneymooney 48 Posts
    The secret to down south sweet tea is that you gots to cook the sugar man. Put on Rae's Cuban Linx or some Giorgio Moroder & Debbie Harry "Rush Rush" if your feeling all Miami and boil a big old pot of tea. Put in twice as much sugar as you think you would need. 666 Mafia this boling concoction until its the syzurp.

Seriously make some sweet ass high viscosity stuff that no human could ingest. Have an even bigger pot or jug of ice on hand and dump the hot tea syrup over the ice. Half the ice should melt right away and instantly dilute your tea to the perfect sweetness.

See when you cook the sugar its all about the cut. You got to get the cut right, too much and you don't make any money, too little and the customers won't be happy.

Cook Out is another story entirely. You can get nuggets and corndogs as side items with your combo.
    "Let me get a double cheeseburger with a side of nuggets". No joke.

Mao give us a shout next time your in town. We sold a bunch of those "Selects" CD's at my store. Matter of fact let me know if I can get some more of those from you.

• Is there some decent imitation southern sweet tea that I can get without going south?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    The secret to down south sweet tea is that you gots to cook the sugar man. Put on Rae's Cuban Linx or some Giorgio Moroder & Debbie Harry "Rush Rush" if your feeling all Miami and boil a big old pot of tea. Put in twice as much sugar as you think you would need. 666 Mafia this boling concoction until its the syzurp.

Seriously make some sweet ass high viscosity stuff that no human could ingest. Have an even bigger pot or jug of ice on hand and dump the hot tea syrup over the ice. Half the ice should melt right away and instantly dilute your tea to the perfect sweetness.

See when you cook the sugar its all about the cut. You got to get the cut right, too much and you don't make any money, too little and the customers won't be happy.

Cook Out is another story entirely. You can get nuggets and corndogs as side items with your combo.

Mao give us a shout next time your in town. We sold a bunch of those "Selects" CD's at my store. Matter of fact let me know if I can get some more of those from you.

truth! Actually I never knew that. But I always knew that sweet tea back home meant something different than sweet tea anywhere else.

Id give you 5 stars for that post if i could. Especially the part about the hamburger with the side of nuggets!

truth! Actually I never knew that. But I always knew that sweet tea back home meant something different than sweet tea anywhere else.

Id give you 5 stars for that post if i could. Especially the part about the hamburger with the side of nuggets!

nice. nevermind. I did give you 5 stars for that post!

It is all about Bojangles Sweet Tea down here in NC. Its the hangover helper. Biscuit sandwiches & sweet tea go hand in hand. I heard all hell broke loose and they opened a Bojangles well beyond the Mason-Dixon in BK

what is the secret to the down south sweet tea? i was in durham, nc last weekend & stopped thru a take out spot called cook-out for a late night burger (w/ chili & cole slaw); i gotta say the tea was off the hook.

5 stars for the chairman as well.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

Listen to Mooney... Good to see him up on the board hea...

• mooneymooney 48 Posts
    Yo man whats up. I didn't notice who started all the crack talk. Moving weight out of state now. I see you. How's everything with 33third.com ?

You know how it goes in the North Cack. Hope Cali is treating you well, keep in touch.

• The secret to down south sweet tea is that you gots to cook the sugar man. Put on Rae's Cuban Linx or some Giorgio Moroder & Debbie Harry "Rush Rush" if your feeling all Miami and boil a big old pot of tea. Put in twice as much sugar as you think you would need. 666 Mafia this boling concoction until its the syzurp.

there you go..i cant stress enough the part about "put twice as much sugar as you think you would need." I hate it when I get tea that doesnt have enough sugar in it. I gotta have it stupid sweet..family owned southern soul food restaurants are the best for it.

I tried unsweet tea and hot tea a few years ago and that shit is ass.

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts

Yo, Mooney mang, thanks for dropping the down south tea science. I knew that baby was super-sweetened cuz I drank it round about midnight & made the miscalculation of trying to go beddy-bye soon thereafter. At Cook Out I didn't have time to process the info on the menu cuz there was like 300 different combos of sandwiches to choose from. But I went w/ hush puppies & onion rings as side items by the advice of my local guide & was damn pleased w/ the results.
    I was only in Bull City for around 24 hours, or I woulda tried to make rounds. PM me your info & I'll let you know next time I'm in your area.

Peace!
    Mao

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Yo, I rock a lot of green tea.

I should get around to brewing my own shit. Anyone got any methods?

I hear hot water works...

Woah, did you ever try it out?