Douche

2»

Comments

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Chill son.

• What about "Douchetard"?

Even worse...uber-hipsteurs trying to stray from the hipsteur pack, but not by all too much.

Is that Shep Messing?

Yup.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    honestly i've never heard this 'douchebag user = hipster' thing at all

local austin experience related?

Who knows? Most of my local austin experience takes place in my living room. I'm not in my own personal Mind Ghetto[/b] like this dude.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    my own personal Mind Ghetto[/b]

How can this term not already be wildly popular?

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    What about "Douchetard"?

Even worse...uber-hipsteurs trying to stray from the hipsteur pack, but not by all too much.

Is that Shep Messing?

Yup.

no, this is Paul Breitner and he was down with J??germeister back in the good old days

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Plaese to stop using this word!!!

Why?

Well, let me put it this way...

There is a certain type of person who latches onto suddenly popular words like this one...so by using it, you are basically aligning yourself with the worst type of impressionable hipsteur trash imaginable.

Might as well do a key bump and put on a trucker hat while you're at it.

Just today during lunch some of my freshmen were asking what douche bag meant. None of them knew and they had to look it up in a slang dictionary on line. They still didn't seem to get it.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    ONE OF THE GREATES TERMS I LEARNED THIS YEAR IS

DOUCH CHILLS.

use it in a sentence and tell me you dont smile a little.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Might as well do a key bump and put on a trucker hat while you're at it.

I had no idea that douche was a hip term. A while back I was told to quit using asshole on soulstrut and start using douchtard.

I wore trucker hats for decades until the soulstrut massive informed me that hipsters wore them and if I wanted to be hip I would stop wearing them. I now have a closet full of trucker hats. (I'll post photos next month.)

I have 2 questions:
    1) What is a key bump?
    2) Why is it unhip to do things that hip people do?

Bonus question:
    3) If I don't do the things that hipsters do will that make me hip?

• what about calling people D-Bags...is that kosher?

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

1) What is a key bump?

1) What is a key bump?

A kilo of coke?

1) What is a key bump?

A kilo of coke?
    no. its when you use a key to scoop coke up like a spoon to sniff.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    jesus....you're really the end all be all.

get familiar

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    What about "Douchetard"?

What the fuck is Paul Breitner doing in a thread about hipsters?

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

get familiar

oh my bad man - wasn't meant for you.....
    about the topic at hand.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts

What about adding an accent to the 'e' on the end, and using it as a substitute for touche when somebody does/says something even stupider...

or is that douche in itself?

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Okay Harvey, who called you a douche today??

HAHAHAHA

On a related note: here in Holland a shower is called a douche.

makes me laugh every time.

• What about adding an accent to the 'e' on the end, and using it as a substitute for touche when somebody does/says something even stupider...

or is that douche in itself?

I do that.

And people have been calling others "douche" forever. I remember hearing and using it in the 5th grade and I didn't know what douche or a douchebag were. Maybe its gotten popular again lately or something, but I don't think its ever left my vocabulary. Its pretty common.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    What about "Douchetard"?

What the fuck is Paul Breitner doing in a thread about hipsters?

Yeah, didn't realize that was Paul Breitner. Didn't even know who he was until y'all mentioned his name.

I just took the photo as current and if it was, it'd be a good example of someone who looks pretty damn cool but wears a wack shirt.

Paul Breitner though...

• "Hipsters"? using the word Douche? Douchetard..UBER-Hipsters? what the fuck? I know Frickin' biker dudes that use the word douche, and I use douchetard on the regular, and anybody on this board who has met me knows I aint a hipster(shit, I wear bells and boots, I look like a Lynyrd Skynyrd roadie), let alone an UBER hipster....Harv, this campaign of yours is strange and has no basis in reality

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    "Hipsters"? using the word Douche? Douchetard..UBER-Hipsters? what the fuck? I know Frickin' biker dudes that use the word douche, and I use douchetard on the regular, and anybody on this board who has met me knows I aint a hipster(shit, I wear bells and boots, I look like a Lynyrd Skynyrd roadie), let alone an UBER hipster....Harv, this campaign of yours is strange and has no basis in reality

The reality is that your word has been hijacked and is now being served in a martini glass at the Beauty Bar.

• "Hipsters"? using the word Douche? Douchetard..UBER-Hipsters? what the fuck? I know Frickin' biker dudes that use the word douche, and I use douchetard on the regular, and anybody on this board who has met me knows I aint a hipster(shit, I wear bells and boots, I look like a Lynyrd Skynyrd roadie), let alone an UBER hipster....Harv, this campaign of yours is strange and has no basis in reality

The reality is that your word has been hijacked and is now being served in a martini glass at the Beauty Bar.

Well, the Beauty Bar in Austin is like a hipster black hole...nothing ever makes it out of there and into the rest of the world...its "tastemaking" powers are weak and never make it out of the 512 area code...

So I was at a bar. This was years ago. It was pretty empty and very scuzy. I use to like places like that. Anyway thought I would buy a drink for the patron at the other end of the bar. I told the bartendar, 'get that douchbag anything she wants'. The bartender says, 'She is a good customer, don't call her that'. "Just give the douchebag whatever she wants." The bartender goes to the other side and says, "He wants to buy you whatever you want". She says, "I'll have a vinegar and water".

Please forgive me that was offensive and not funny.

• So I was at a bar. This was years ago. It was pretty empty and very scuzy. I use to like places like that. Anyway thought I would buy a drink for the patron at the other end of the bar. I told the bartendar, 'get that douchbag anything she wants'. The bartender says, 'She is a good customer, don't call her that'. "Just give the douchebag whatever she wants." The bartender goes to the other side and says, "He wants to buy you whatever you want". She says, "I'll have a vinegar and water".

on the contrary... it was hilarious!

• So I was at a bar. This was years ago. It was pretty empty and very scuzy. I use to like places like that. Anyway thought I would buy a drink for the patron at the other end of the bar. I told the bartendar, 'get that douchbag anything she wants'. The bartender says, 'She is a good customer, don't call her that'. "Just give the douchebag whatever she wants." The bartender goes to the other side and says, "He wants to buy you whatever you want". She says, "I'll have a vinegar and water".

on the contrary... it was hilarious!

I concur. It may be a reflection of my overall tiredness but I didn't see the punchline coming.