PARLIAMENT/FUNKADELIC APPRECIATION

2»

Comments

• I would give my left nut and both arms to be able to go back in time and be in the audience at their Say Brother appearance...or any one of their late 60s shows I guess. If they were with The Stooges I'd throw my right nut in.

I wish that Say Brother video was still up on youtube

What is the deal man, how come that isn't around anymore?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I would give my left nut and both arms to be able to go back in time and be in the audience at their Say Brother appearance...or any one of their late 60s shows I guess. If they were with The Stooges I'd throw my right nut in.

I wish that Say Brother video was still up on youtube

What is the deal man, how come that isn't around anymore?

yeah, i need that in my life...

also, i recently got the Iron On from the P-Funk Earth Tour record... does anyone have any stories/warnings about working with a 30 year old iron-on? i wanna wear this soon, but i don't want to fuck it up, as it took me forever to find a copy of that record w/ iron on intact...

• Along with Sly & The Family Stone,Parliament/Funkadelic ( and related artist,Bootsy,Brides etc..)are my 2 favorite groups..

I've been listening to a lot of P-Funk related artist lately..

Brides Of Funkenstein's lp's(and the Live from Houston cd)
    Parlet
    Quazar
    Eddie Hazel's solo and the "Rest In P" and "Jams From The Heart" stuff.

And always have all the Boosty shit in heavy rotation.

I've got a shit load of P-Funk and related artist high quality bootleg concerts on cd,and they're all of the hook.

All the musicians in P-Funk were incredible..Besides Eddie,Bootsy,Bernie and Mike Hampton,Jerome "Bigfoot" Brailey" was a incredible drummer,Skeet Curtis was a bad bass player.

Glen Goins voice was

Check out all the live version of "Swing Down" whether live cd's or the live versions on YouTube,especially Houston 1978.

Gary Shider had a incredible voice too..Man,i could talk P-Funk all day

That WAX POETICS issue,got it,read it 3 times over,even though the George Clinton interview was wack,and too short.

• Blackbyrd McKnight was a underrated guitar player too..

Peep the solo on the Brides Of Funkenstein "Birdie" video on YouTube

• Holy shit! That's killer!

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    I just found out about that houseguests 45. Dope!