I think Mariah Carey is mad blap-able

2»

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I worked on the photo shoot for this LP cover and all of the other promo images that came out at the time. Trust me, homegirl doesn't look anything like that IRL, you don't want to see the un-retouched photos. And she's a spoiled, out of touch diva, but that shouldn't be a surprising.

I'd hate-blap...

Heh, a friend of a friend said pretty much the exact same thing about J-Lo after working on several of her photo shoots.

• Mariah Carey > J.LO

I always found J.LO super-corny. Not to say Mariah is "cool" but she never made me want to hit people.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Mariah Carey > J.LO

I always found J.LO super-corny. Not to say Mariah is "cool" but she never made me want to hit people.

I always thought J-Lo was hotter, but ain't mad at either of 'em.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

I always found J.LO super-corny.

i can't front, i love this movie

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It would be fun to eat lots of french fries and talk about cute boys with MC, it would be fun to go shopping and hear studio talk from JL.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

Heh, a friend of a friend said pretty much the exact same thing about J-Lo after working on several of her photo shoots.

I've worked on shoots with loads of actresses and "supermodels" and very few of them are really that hot in person, most look pretty much like anyone else in street clothes. Two notable exceptions: Gisele Bundchen and surprisingly Carmen Electra (Carmen is tiny though, like maybe 5'2", the logistics of her and Dennis Rodman in bed boggle the mind).

It would be fun to eat lots of french fries with Cristal and bendy straws[/b] and talk about cute boys with MC, it would be fun to go shopping and hear studio talk from JL.

• Gisele Bundchen

She always looks good, I have never seen a bad picture of her.

Just walking down the street.

Even on a horse.

• It would be fun to eat lots of french fries and talk about cute boys with MC, it would be fun to go shopping and hear studio talk from JL.

I get the feeling neither one would really bother talking to you. no offense but it seems to be all about them with these chicks, esp. Mariah. you might start telling her about cute guys and as soon as you give her an in you wouldn't get a word in edgewise for hours I imagine. [potentially apocryphal]I am told J-Lo has a standard contract clause forbidding hotel employees and others from making eye contact with her[/potentially apocryphal].

• I always found J.LO super-corny.

no frontage necessary the movie is DOPE.

J-Lo the actress >>> J-lo the singer

actually I consider her a better actress than LOTS of hollywood females.

Selena, Out of Sight, etc. the girl is pretty convincing.

It would be fun to eat lots of french fries and talk about cute boys with MC, it would be fun to go shopping and hear studio talk from JL.

I get the feeling neither one would really bother talking to you. no offense but it seems to be all about them with these chicks, esp. Mariah. you might start telling her about cute guys and as soon as you give her an in you wouldn't get a word in edgewise for hours I imagine. [potentially apocryphal]I am told J-Lo has a standard contract clause forbidding hotel employees and others from making eye contact with her[/potentially apocryphal].

Really? Thanks for the reality check cause I was about to call Mariah and see if she wanted to rent Fast Times at Ridgemont High on Saturday night and talk about whether or not Sean Penn was cute-cute or cute-ugly.

I have actually heard a similar thing about Carey from a friend who worked at MuchMusic - no eye contact during interviews and that she wanted a monitor set up beside the off-camera interviewer so she could see what she looked like the whole time.

• Really? Thanks for the reality check cause I was about to call Mariah and see if she wanted to rent Fast Times at Ridgemont High on Saturday night and talk about whether or not Sean Penn was cute-cute or cute-ugly.

I wasn't clowning. I just think both of these girls have proven themselves to be anything but the "Jenny-from-the-Block-hey-girlfriend-how-youdoing!?" chicks they sorta try to make themselves appear to be. The idea that you could really have an on-the-level, human conversation about "girl stuff" with these girls seems fantastical given their over-the-top fame, fortune and diva antics.

I could be wrong.

The idea that you could really have an on-the-level, human conversation about "girl stuff" with these girls seems fantastical given their over-the-top fame, fortune and diva antics.

I wasn't being serious. They were compared and this was my way to compare. They are clearly beyond hanging with the plebes.

• hey missbassie. u still have that pic of mariah down by the river?

^^^ OH MAN! this is great. the last frame really shows how much homegirl likes her "job."

hey missbassie. u still have that pic of mariah down by the river?

LMAO - First thing I did when I saw this thread was look for them! I don't have them, but I asked Man to see if he could find them again and resend. I'm on it!

LMAO - First thing I did when I saw this thread was look for them! I don't have them, but I asked Man to see if he could find them again and resend. I'm on it!

faux_rillz sent me a pretty awesome one too of her in some freaky ass turtlenekkd catsuit or something performing next to jay-z on stage. the awesome part is that she's prolly twice the size of jay-z.

hi missbassie!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Mariah looks way too much like my cousin...

Carl.

• A re-cap of one of the more salient points from the Big Moe thread: nieces are off limits, but cousins are fair game.

Harv, tell Carl to clear out his PMs; Young_Phonics may want to holler.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

I always found J.LO super-corny.

no frontage necessary the movie is DOPE.

on Out of Sight, I love that movie. The romance/chemistry between Clooney and J-Lo was about as real and believable as any I've seen between two major Hollywood stars on screen... although I guess it helped that neither of them were anywhere near as huge as they are now.

Nice soundtrack, too... especially for a US film made after 1980!

OK - Man just sent me this. The site is blocked at my work, soI can't see what's what but I think those drinking champagne by the campsite river pics are on there.

oh that Mariah!

• shveet! u think mariah was on balco or betty crocker?

i'm dying over here.

FEED MARIAH!

• mariah on a good day > beyonce and jlo. not even close. my fiance thinks i'm nuts. i like her music and i'm warm to her form.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i'm warm to her form.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Jessica and Mariah... the nasty 3 way!

This is hilarious. Everybody in hollywood has stories about stars and how they got grumpy because they got their lunch with mayo instead of garlic aoli or whatever, but being fed by a straw to avoid touching the container is next level.

Who do I need to kill to get my food pre-chewed around here???

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    This is hilarious. Everybody in hollywood has stories about stars and how they got grumpy because they got their lunch with mayo instead of garlic aoli or whatever, but being fed by a straw to avoid touching the container is next level.

Who do I need to kill to get my food pre-chewed around here???

I work on photo shoots and rarely leave a set with anything good to say about a star. The influx of hilarious gay dudes with mad Judy Garland and/or Grey Gardens references more than makes up for it, though. Some of the models are cuckoo, too.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    mariah on a good day > beyonce and jlo. not even close.

> than beyonce? am i reading this wrong?