why isn't my mail here yet?

buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
What the hell holiday is it now? If I have to wait one more day for these pieces from Jamaica I'll go crazy.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    columbus day

I ain't happy either. I want my damn Barrino Brothers LP.

and I'm still working (without holiday pay)

• What the hell holiday is it now? If I have to wait one more day for these pieces from Jamaica I'll go crazy.

Hahah... I knew I'd find somebody to commiserate with here. I was checking my mailbox every half hour from 11AM on until my wife reminded me about the holiday.

Stupid Columbus. I need modal jazz injection. (hold the pinta)

• I went to the post office to ship some LPs to Denmark and was shut down.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    columbus day

That's some wackness. I'll sight tight on Arbor Day, May Day, and George Washington Carver day, but not for the scourge of the MFin West Indies.

• What the hell holiday is it now? If I have to wait one more day for these pieces from Jamaica I'll go crazy.

I was checking my mailbox every half hour from 11AM on.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    At every school I've gone to, Columbus Day has been recognized instead as indigenous peoples day. Cool idea methinks.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    SPRING BREAK!!!!!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Columbus Day has been recognized instead as indigenous peoples day. Cool idea methinks.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Columbus Day has been recognized instead as indigenous peoples day. Cool idea methinks.

The idea is to take a holiday that celebrates a mass murderer and turn it around to recognize and honor those who have died and felt the effects of Western colonization. In the elementary schools instead of learning some BS about how Columbus discovered America, we learned the truth about how the indigenous people were living and how Columbus ruined much of that, marking the beginning of centuries of oppression.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

The idea is to take a holiday that celebrates a mass murderer and turn it around to recognize and honor those who have died and felt the effects of Western colonization. In the elementary schools instead of learning some BS about how Columbus discovered America, we learned the truth about how the indigenous people were living and how Columbus ruined much of that, marking the beginning of centuries of oppression.

It's still within the context of Columbus....Like a Black Bart T-Shirt.

• uk postal strike?

• it got me the day off.