Favorite Outkast track?

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Funky Ride

• was anybody feelin' the Diamond D remix of Southernplayalistic?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    was anybody feelin' the Diamond D remix of Southernplayalistic?

I liked it, but I thought the OG was better.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    was anybody feelin' the Diamond D remix of Southernplayalistic?

No, it wasn't a good fit.
    Oh, and Southernplayalistic$%@&^&*&$*^&%$

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

One could argue that they didn't really hit their stride until later

Others could then safely ignore anything further related to rap music that one had to say...

SEROUSLY! Southerplayalisticadillacmusik is their best album imho, I was riding HARD for Players Ball before the album even came out. I think that song got more play than any other record in my crates at that time.

On a side note: I Never could could understand why they changed it on the album. I realize it was a Christmas song but it worked all year round without the edits.

Others could then safely ignore anything further related to rap music that one had to say...

SEROUSLY! Southerplayalisticadillacmusik is their best album imho, I was riding HARD for Players Ball before the album even came out. I think that song got more play than any other record in my crates at that time.

On a side note: I Never could could understand why they changed it on the album. I realize it was a Christmas song but it worked all year round without the edits.

The remix is on the 12". Both mixes of Player's Ball were singles. Kinda like Das EFX having two versions of They Want EFX as videos. Standard 90s procedure to get you to buy the album and single.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Funky Ride

Co-sign. I was just about to post that.

The remix is on the 12". Both mixes of Player's Ball were singles. Kinda like Das EFX having two versions of They Want EFX as videos. Standard 90s procedure to get you to buy the album and single.

actually no, the edited version is what's on the album, the song and the group both first appeared on the "LaFace Family Christmas" compilation. It was originally a Christmas song but then they switched it up for the album to make it universally applicable. there is a reprise on the album too, but the ORIGINAL version is on the compilation and the 12"

actually no, the edited version is what's on the album, the song and the group both first appeared on the "LaFace Family Christmas" compilation. It was originally a Christmas song but then they switched it up for the album to make it universally applicable. there is a remix on the album too though, but the ORIGINAL version is on the compilation and the 12"

Both songs are on the 12" damnit! Allimsayinahmeansheet.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    too many to count, but i just want to say that i think Spaghetti Junction is criminally slept on. amazing song.

Can't speak to how slept on it is, but it is definitely fire.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Remember the first time you heard BOMBS OVER BAGHDAD?

I was at a barber shop, and everybody was flipping out like this was the future of music. Half of the place where hella hype. The other half was like, man that's rave music What happened to the Atliens..

- spidey

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the ORIGINAL version is on the compilation and the 12"

Someone can post this?
    I have the cd single, but I don't think it's on there.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    First they some pimps, then they some genies, then they talking about that black righteous space...

But for real it would be so hard for me to choose just one. They're perhaps the greatest hip-hop group of all time.

I actually wasn't checking for "Southernplayalistic..." when it came out. "Players Ball" was dope but I just didn't scoop it when it was out there. "Elevators" hit me like a ton of bricks though.

Shit, just for fuck's sake I'm going to say "MORRIS BROWN" hahah.

• ATLiens is my favorite album, and I'm pretty sure my favorite cut is "Growing Old" but that will probably change tomorrow.

'96 gon be that year...

actually no, the edited version is what's on the album, the song and the group both first appeared on the "LaFace Family Christmas" compilation. It was originally a Christmas song but then they switched it up for the album to make it universally applicable. there is a remix on the album too though, but the ORIGINAL version is on the compilation and the 12"

Both songs are on the 12" damnit! Allimsayinahmeansheet.

no shit, that's not my gripe, my problem is that THIS version

isn't what ended up on the album.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    spottieottiedopalicious

Don't know if its my favorite ever ever. But when I first heard it I was like damn. Damn, damn.

• Greatest rap group to ever do it. No need in even naming a favorite track!