Favorite Outkast track?

hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I ride soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard for Da Art of Storytellin 2 and the remix with old Slick on it is fresh as.Where you folls at?

Comments

• elevators for daaaaays

also jazzy belle is so much better as an instrumental.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    "BENZ OR BEAMER"
    AND THAT TRACK ON THE HIGHER LEARNING OST, "PHOBIAS", I THINK IT IS

• spottieottiedopalicious

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Crumblin Erb

I don't even smoke but it's something about driving around in my caddy bumpin that...puts a smile on my face

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    "Wheels of Steal"

• Liberation

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    ain't no thang

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    spottieottiedopalicious

• debardebar 215 Posts
    Crumblin Erb

Also, I am still sometimes blown away by the production quality on the Aquemini album.

• I ride soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard for Da Art of Storytellin 2 and the remix with old Slick on it is fresh as.

Where you folls at?

man -- i heard that on a mixtpae years ago and love it!!! totally forgot about it till now ---- anyone go an MP3??? please....

• spottieottiedopalicious

Da Art of Storytellin pt. 1 is a favorite too

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I ride soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard for Da Art of Storytellin 2 and the remix with old Slick on it is fresh as.

Where you folls at?

man -- i heard that on a mixtpae years ago and love it!!! totally forgot about it till now ---- anyone go an MP3??? please....

oh yeah this is fire too. i ride hard for Aquemini as the best Outkast album. i could bump any of those joints for days.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    Benz or Beemer
    Elevators
    Players Ball
    Southernplaystaliccadalikmuzik
    Art of Story Tellin'
    So Fresh and So Clean

• thats a tough one
    Wheelz of Steel
    Humble Mumble
    Mainstream
    the intro to Aquemini

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    too many to count, but i just want to say that i think Spaghetti Junction is criminally slept on. amazing song.

• What Outkast record was that with the interlude where dude's like:

"they say...a comprutur..can do my job..better than I can damn do it!"

I was just thinking about this the other day.

my favorite Outkast track(s): probably a tie between Ain't No Thang and Two Dope Boys In A Cadillac..

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    no real dis on anyone but it always makes me laugh when someone asks for a favorite track and inevitably someone ALWAYS posts a list instead.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    elevators

• I was just listening to The Love Below Today and looking back at that album now ;that shit was groundbreaking, dude was ahead of the curve with that one.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I was just listening to The Love Below Today and looking back at that album now ;that shit was groundbreaking, dude was ahead of the curve with that one.

• I was just listening to The Love Below Today and looking back at that album now ;that shit was groundbreaking, dude was ahead of the curve with that one.

I knew there would be hatteurs, I also think everytime beloved artists break-out and do something dramatically different dudes get will get hatted-on, especially in Hip-Hop. It happens over and over again.

Shoudn't you be cup-caking like Betty Crocker right now?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    exactly what road is this curve on?

• it was great, but as a result of people jocking it so hard Big Boi's album got lost in the shuffle abit and Speakerboxx was pretty crazy too

• exactly what road is this curve on?

modern contemporary black music

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "Southernplayalistic"

Tomorrow, it will be something else. Dudes' catalog has a heapin' helpin' o' heat.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I also ride hard for Art Of Storytelling 2, but in the interest of naming something that hadnt been named before, ill go with 'Chonkyfire'...

I'll also probably have a new pick tommorrow. Anyone got love for 'In Due Time' or 'Synthesiser'?

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    "In Due Time" waas Frickin' great too

what was that on?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Crumblin Erb

Simply because it was the first OutKast song I ever heard. Upskiboo had just bought "SouthernPlayalisticCadillacMuzik" and "Crumblin Erb" was the song he kept rewinding when we were hanging out at his place, so it just kinda stuck. That and "Git Up, Git Out".

One could argue that they didn't really hit their stride until later, but that first album was pretty fresh to me when it came out.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

One could argue that they didn't really hit their stride until later

Others could then safely ignore anything further related to rap music that one had to say...

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

One could argue that they didn't really hit their stride until later

Others could then safely ignore anything further related to rap music that one had to say...

Well, all I'm saying is that a lot of people seem to name ATLiens or Aquemini as the first OutKast LPs they were checking for. I celebrate the entire catalogue. Even the piece of "modern contemporary black music" that Young_Phonics is riding for . OK, almost the entire catalogue. Wasn't feeling Idlewild.