Frickin' bugs...

40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
Only in baseball when shit like this happens...

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• This is the dumbest, and most predictable, excuse. Watching the game last night, I KNEW we'd be hearing about this.

Ok- it affected both teams. All pitchers. All hitters.

So no excuses. Tell your 30 Million dollar MVP to get a hit, and don't bitch about the Frickin' bugs.

• This is the dumbest, and most predictable, excuse. Watching the game last night, I KNEW we'd be hearing about this.

So no excuses. Tell your 30 Million dollar MVP to get a hit, and don't bitch about the Frickin' bugs.

I got no excuses... great pitching, When you leave men on base without rbis you get the loss.

All I can say is, WHY MUST I CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can tell you for sure though after this post season A-Rod will not get a contract offer from NY no matter how good his regular season numbers are. Something like 0 for his last 14 in the post season =

He'll be gone in a NewYork minute..

• By the way...

• Yup, Ortiz draws four walks and Manny finally became clutch and got lucky on a pitch. Everyone knows walk David and pitch to Manny, but yesterday the halos paid for that move. I'm still saying Yankees win three in a row!!! It ain't impossible, but highly unlikely.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    lucky

• lucky

You would call bullshit OK OK total and complete focus at the plate got that homer. I really don't think Manny was looking for the fastball and after the game he did not say he was looking fastball all the way. He swung hard got good wood on the ball launched a bomb and the rest is walk off history. Manny is usually the guy who draws moans when he comes to the plate in a clutch spot. If you want to deny that all good. He has not had a walk off homer since 1996 when he played with the Indians. On another note Dice-K looked pretty bad in his P.S. debut.

Manny is good in the post season, but Bernie Williams still holds the title for most post season home runs. I really miss him on the team... Melky is nothing but an unexperienced rookie compared to vets like Williams.

Here's a quote from Manny yesterday after the game..

"Sometimes you get me and sometimes I get you," Ramirez said. "I got him this time."

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Yankees win three in a row!!! It ain't impossible, but highly unlikely.

.......highly unlikely..........

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Luck or not luck, fuck the Angels, go Sox!

• Options
    This is the dumbest, and most predictable, excuse. Watching the game last night, I KNEW we'd be hearing about this.

To be fair though, the smattering of Yankee fans I talked to in the deli and at the beach this morning all agreed that the Indians guy wasn't as affected as Joba was and that the bugs shouldn't be an excuse. One guy tried to say "the Indians are probably used to it" but got shot down quick by another Yankee fan saying "that shit doesn't happen every night, how are they used to it?".

It was interesting to see how it really got to some guys and others just tuned it out. Looked like it bothered Jeter a lot, Mientcienvickswich, Joba, Lofton, Grako or whatever his name is. I saw one shot where they zoomed in on Rivera and you saw a bug crawl right between his lips, and a second later you just see him wince, spit and refocus.

Now, here's what I was thinking while I was watching the game. They came out and sprayed Joba everywhere but his pitching hand. You all know that bug spray can be oily when it gets on you (well, some of you know that I guess). So they spray it all over the kid, then of course he's wiping away bugs and swatting all over the place. Chances are he got some of the shit on his hand. Joba was lights out when he came in after Petitte, but then the next inning was all over the place. You think maybe the bug spray might have caused a little slip on his grip with his slider and curve? Kid wasn't wild at all all season, and didn't have playoff jitters the previous inning when he inherited a two man on, one out jam. Just a thought.

And no, I'm not a Yankee fan nor a bug apologist. My Mets are out, I wanted to see Yankees/Sox and Phillies/Cubs. But these Indians look NICE.

It's not an excuse, it's just really unfortunate that it happened to a rookie who had been sensational/unhittable all season, and who obviously couldn't get his focus (something the rest of the players were able to do). The vets were able to deal with an abnormal baseball situation; he wasn't (plus, they looked worse on him...like they could smell a victim). I thought Torre was going to take him out and let MR take us home tied 1-1. I think there's no doubt that his lack of focus (because of the bugs) cost us the game.

• I'll tell you what... I've watched hunderds and thousands of baseball games during my years. Never have I seen a game called time so that everyone on the field could be sprayed with some kinda bug-be-gone. I can't say for them, but when all those bugs are flying into your mouth and eyes i'd say it's pretty damn hard to concentrate.

I don't use bugs as a scapegoat for my team sucking on some pathetic can't get anything beside 3 hits in a game shit. Yankees should be hitting and they are not plain and simple.

Joba = he is the future of the Yankee bullpen.

• Fair 'nuff... No excuse and all. Watching the game last night, I could just hear the collective whine of a million yankees fans, hence my overreaction.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    By the way...

My roommate's girlfriend was over last night while we were watching the game and right when Manny came up I said "Walk off...right here." She said "what's a walk off?" He hits it out and I say after a little screaming and cheering "THAT'S a walk off!"

• Options

Joba = he is the future of the Yankee bullpen.

I thought they didn't plan on using him in the bullpen, he's pegged as a starter next year hence the "Joba Rules".

• By no means am I trying to use this as an excuse. The Indians have the best pitching in baseball. Watching those bugs fuck with Joba was definetely one of those moments like when that Cubs fan interfered with that foul ball in 2003... Regardless, I read earlier that the bug incident also happened a few years ago with the Angels and Indians and the Umps delayed the game...

On another note, Lebron is off the hook...