Mingering Mike 45

13»

Comments

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I picked up the Record and The Book today at the SD Record show. Its so amazing seeing those pictures... I mean I remember them as they were posted up, more and more... and now instead of JPEGS they are in a book- and a nice looking book too- and flipping through the book seeing all those drawings again... it gave me a special feeling inside, like "this is SO COOL".

Man, I remember that thread like it was yesterday. hitting the refresh button like crazy. I was unemployed then, I sat there all day with a cup of coffee watching the whole thing unfold, and it was the greatest thing I had ever seen on the internet. It was better than TV. And then as time went on shit just got crazy. I'm glad that this book and record are the results. Of all the directions this could have taken, I'm proud that you guys took this one. And pulling a REAL 45 out of a mingering mike sleeve... and thinking 'wow... this is what he wanted that whole time, and now its real... there's a real record in there....' shit had me choked up. Like you guys made a dream come true for somebody. Its fantastic.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Bambouche,

How can I be down and cop a copy of the Mingering Mike book and record? I would these as part of my record and book collections. I agree, it was great that you could help Mike realize his dreams. How many folks die having never realized their dreams? Before I die, I wish to someday produce a nationally-distributed song, so I can relate to Mike's fantasies. What you guys did was truly amazing!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• amazon has the book cheaper than anywhere else i've seen... it's like 1/3 cheaper than retail: http://www.amazon.com/Mingering-Mike-Amazing-Imaginary-Superstar/dp/156898569X

and the 45 can be ordered from the vanguard squad online store... you can stream the 45 online from there as well: http://www.vanguardsquad.com/store/

with what you save from amazon on the book, it's practically like getting the 45 for free

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Bambouche,

How can I be down and cop a copy of the Mingering Mike book and record? I would these as part of my record and book collections. I agree, it was great that you could help Mike realize his dreams. How many folks die having never realized their dreams? Before I die, I wish to someday produce a nationally-distributed song, so I can relate to Mike's fantasies. What you guys did was truly amazing!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Big Stacks,
    Happy birthday! Glad to see people like you alive and well making a difference in the world.

Thank you for the kind words. It should be emphasized that we didn't do much besides help Mike, as you said. His is a unique vision, and a terriblly pleasant disposition, it's been a joy to work on. Quite inspiring. How often do records make us strive to be better people?

I'd encourage you to order from Dischord:

The 45: http://dischord.com/release/vgs01

The book: http://dischord.com/release/ming01

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Got mine. This is legit in every way. Thanks much!

• I got a little pile for folks down unda!

This is a super cool 45! A real artifact!

Also got your Operation Snatchback 12" - freshness!!

Well done all involved!

• Glad you're all digging the 45! Mike is one very happy mingerer.

I'd like to thank longtallsimon who recently wrote me to say that he discovered a 45 sleeve in his collection with Mingering Mike lyrics written on it. I got it in the mail the other day, man, THANK YOU. Haven't been able to give it to Mike yet, but I've told him about it and he asked me to send you his warmest regards. Expect a gift in the mail some time soon..

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Dischord just re-stocked. Plus, the 45 is now available at DJ Shadow's Webstore.

We've received a bunch of emails about the record. It's great hearing people's thoughts on Mike (even that German dude who insists I made the whole thing up!). My apologies to those of you who haven't received them yet. The United States Post Office seems to have their own definition of "5 to 7 days." It's frustrating, especially since we've spent over $400 in postage in the last two weeks.

• Glad you're all digging the 45! Mike is one very happy mingerer.

I'd like to thank longtallsimon who recently wrote me to say that he discovered a 45 sleeve in his collection with Mingering Mike lyrics written on it. I got it in the mail the other day, man, THANK YOU. Haven't been able to give it to Mike yet, but I've told him about it and he asked me to send you his warmest regards. Expect a gift in the mail some time soon..

This is a great look, I am sure a lot of folks would have thrown that up on ebay without a second thought. It would be great to see a scan of it at some point.