a good recipe for red pepper cashew spread?

awallawall 673 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
for putting on bagels and whatnot? some bagel place in santa cruz has this stuff and it's . i googled it and didn't get shit.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I???ve never heard of such a thing, but if you want, I???ll make up a recipe for you. Can you identify any of the spices?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Damn, 1 star already. Ya'll some red pepper cashew spread hatting m*therf*ckers.

• Damn, 1 star already. Ya'll some red pepper cashew spread hatting m*therf*ckers.

The "One Star Bandit" has a nut allergy...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    gots tofu, but i bet that makes it all the better...

ingrediants:

* 1 (10 ounce) package silken tofu, drained

* 1 small red bell pepper

* 1/3 cup cashews

* 1/4 cup chopped onion

* 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard

* 1 teaspoon soy sauce

directions:

Using a blender or food processor, thoroughly mix silken tofu, red bell pepper, cashews, onion, prepared Dijon-style mustard and soy sauce. Blend until smooth and creamy. Chill in the refrigerator 1 hour, or until thickened. Use more cashews to make the mixture thicker, if desired.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I actually hate red peppers and cashews - even I know this is worth one star - make that half a star. Sorry awall. I can still make up something if you want.

oh! never mind...

• awallawall 673 Posts
    gots tofu, but i bet that makes it all the better...

ingrediants:

* 1 (10 ounce) package silken tofu, drained
    * 1 small red bell pepper
    * 1/3 cup cashews
    * 1/4 cup chopped onion
    * 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon-style mustard
    * 1 teaspoon soy sauce

directions:

Using a blender or food processor, thoroughly mix silken tofu, red bell pepper, cashews, onion, prepared Dijon-style mustard and soy sauce. Blend until smooth and creamy. Chill in the refrigerator 1 hour, or until thickened. Use more cashews to make the mixture thicker, if desired.

FUCK YEAH. where did you find this? cookbook?