Hip me to some titles on the Port label

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
only have/heard 3 45s on the label and I am crazy about all three(Carol Fran, The Jury, and Big Maybelle "No better for You") what else is great on the label?

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    there's that jimmy mayes n the soul breed 45 "drums for sale" which I neither own nor even remember what it sounds like.

cool reply, huh?

good damn this is a slow day.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    If it's the same Port I'm thinking of (one of those J/G subsidiaries), I have a pretty good Wilbert Harrison 45 on this label.

• I have a good r'n'b/northern-ish doublesider on this label that's real nice. Can't remember the name though.

Hi Ch*d

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I have a good RnB ish 45 not on Port but another label that also has some northern on it but they really have nothing to do with anything at all. k thanks.

• I have a good RnB ish 45 not on Port but another label that also has some northern on it but they really have nothing to do with anything at all.

I have that, fucking killer!

• I just got home and found out the name of my record:

The Gee's: It's All Over / Love Is A Beautiful Thing (Port 45)

Both tracks have that classic Motown-ish shuffle beat with female vocals on one side, male on the flip. "Nice one!"

• only have/heard 3 45s on the label and I am crazy about all three(Carol Fran, The Jury, and Big Maybelle "No better for You") what else is great on the label?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CURTIS-BLANDON-ULTRA...1QQcmdZViewItem

baller 45

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    KING COLEMAN "Do the Booga-Lou" and to a lesser extent "Get On Board". Good for mentioning the Jury 45. KILLER!

• KING COLEMAN "Do the Booga-Lou" and to a lesser extent "Get On Board". Good for mentioning the Jury 45. KILLER!

gonna put your program in the mail tomorrow....and plaese to send the King Coleman to Memphis.