What's wrong with sample-spotting again?

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Who would really just buy a record to hear one bit of music that has been sampled?

I do this quite often...still.

Hopefully a record that I grab because it has a sample on it is good in other areas. But if not, and that sample was used in a rap song that means something to me, I'll still be glad to keep the record for a mere 6 seconds of glory.

Don't think I would pay $18 though...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    one tiny bit of sound that is familiar in rap music

Do not hatt on my lowly $18 dollars. It is obscure_addict's world, I'm mearly trying to live in it.

Yeah chump, but you only got $9.99 for the kaleidoscope!! where one terd sold higher another better lp sold lower. My last vg+ stereo copy went over $50 to some fiend in Spain.

Yeah, chump!

ummm ... what Kaleidscope

• Who would really just buy a record to hear one bit of music that has been sampled?

Hopefully a record that I grab because it has a sample on it is good in other areas. But if not, and that sample was used in a rap song that means something to me, I'll still be glad to keep the record for a mere 6 seconds of glory.

It's really sad when people who have themselves lost enthusiasm for this hobby try to belittle those of us who, for whatever reason, retain some.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Do not hatt on my lowly $18 dollars. It is obscure_addict's world, I'm mearly trying to live in it.

Not everyone can spend $104,000 per year on records while
    working in a position with an average median salary of under
    $60,000 per year ... it takes hard work and a lot of lying.

The boy's million dollar machine is parked out front. I suggest you avoid looking directly at it, lest you blind yourself.

Who would really just buy a record to hear one bit of music that has been sampled?

It's really sad when people who have themselves lost enthusiasm for this hobby try to belittle those of us who, for whatever reason, retain some.

Heart of a Milk Dud-related.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

It's really sad when people who have themselves lost enthusiasm for this hobby start killjoy threads on Soul Strut announcing that they've become blase about record collecting and are thinking of bailing out, spoiling the fun for[/b] those of us who, for whatever reason, retain some.

It's really sad when people who have themselves lost enthusiasm for this hobby start killjoy threads on Soul Strut announcing that they've become blase about record collecting and are thinking of bailing out, spoiling the fun for[/b] those of us who, for whatever reason, retain some.

Dick of the Wad-related.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Yeah chump, but you only got $9.99 for the kaleidoscope!! where one terd sold higher another better lp sold lower. My last vg+ stereo copy went over $50 to some fiend in Spain.

veegeeminus

• one tiny bit of sound that is familiar in rap music

Yeah, chump!

ummm ... what Kaleidscope

Yeah, which one...I just got their hard rock album "Bernice" and although I had read it was a terd, I really dig it...not very "Kaliedscope", but great on its own terms. Although I typed this assuming you were talking about the West-Coast kaliedoscope and not the UK one...so if you were talking about the UK one, please disregard...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It was a fairly hammered copy of Beacon From Mars.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Very entertaining thread on a whole.

What if you buy a comp, that is full of tracks with samples on them. And then you rip'em to MP3 and then you put them on a CD and sell them on craigslist? Do you have to pay a license fee or anything to your reptilian overlord?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

It's really sad when people who have themselves lost enthusiasm for this hobby start killjoy threads on Soul Strut announcing that they've become blase about record collecting and are thinking of bailing out, AND ASSUMING ANYONE HERE SHOULD CARE.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

At first I thought this said Bacon From Mars, and I was like

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I need to know what the sample is in the following songs.

Young Buck f/outlawz - Riding down the freeway.

Talib Kweli - Eat to live.

Talib Kweli - Country Cousins (this is a "damn,i fuckin know this shit !...what the fuck is that shit?!" spot.)

common- break my heart.

Apparently the result of...

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Apparently the result of...

Classique

Who would buy it when you can "Request an MP3" ?

Again...I would.

Again...I would.

The Home Listening Station.

I need to know what the sample is in the following songs.

Young Buck f/outlawz - Riding down the freeway.

Talib Kweli - Eat to live.

Talib Kweli - Country Cousins (this is a "damn,i fuckin know this shit !...what the fuck is that shit?!" spot.)

common- break my heart.

No sample spotters on soulstrut ?

Art thou with shame ?

liner notes ?

this is :no graemlin: folks...i need answers.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

It's really sad when people who have themselves lost enthusiasm for this hobby start killjoy threads on Soul Strut announcing that they've become blase about record collecting and are thinking of bailing out, AND ASSUMING ANYONE HERE SHOULD CARE.[/b]

if it were left up to me, those high-and-mighty threads would be banned entirely (they seemingly pop up maybe three times a year)...the hell of is, usually theyre started by somebody who started buying vinyl 'cause they were hunting down samples

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    Spotting samples is what got you into collecting records...

i would agree. it also definately helps you find great music/artists you never knew of before.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    g-g-g-g-g-host b-b-b-b-b-uuuuummmmppp!

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I still rock doubles of Hydra when drunk.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

It's really sad when people who have themselves lost enthusiasm for this hobby start killjoy threads on Soul Strut announcing that they've become blase about record collecting and are thinking of bailing out, AND ASSUMING ANYONE HERE SHOULD CARE.[/b]

if it were left up to me, those high-and-mighty threads would be banned entirely (they seemingly pop up maybe three times a year)...the hell of is, usually theyre started by somebody who started buying vinyl 'cause they were hunting down samples

I posit that those threads are started by folks who want a response from another human being.

Me? I just call up old gospel artists and tell them how much their music is kicking my ass blessing my soul.