Black Jazz Records - The Awakening - Mirage

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I havent went diggin' in a few years after I was forced to sell all my gear, but I picked up some pretty good stuff Sunday . One being The Awakening - Mirage on Black Jazz records. I have no way of listening right now and I am dying to hear it. Anyone have a mp3 of this joint so I can give it a listen? I gotta know what it sounds like...so any info on it? Never found any Black Jazz stuff around my way, so can anyone hook up something on here for me to listen and check out? Thanks.

Comments

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    no time to rip this right now, but its one of the best black jazz releases.
    think tuff breakbeats, fusion-style.. every track is a winner.

• Hell yeah! Even better is the lady that sold it, said she had several hundred more at her house(and even more in storage) all from the same collection and gave me her home and cell number so I could come by and take a look. Not all were in the best condition...but plenty were. This should be fun! Also 2 for $1 is always nice! I never see collections like this around here..NEVER. I picked up some other random pieces that were in good shape(Death Wish ST/Hancock,Coke,The NiteiLiters/Instrumental Directions, and Bolivia-Gato Barbieri w/ Lonnie Liston Smith. Hopefully the lady doesnt work today and I can go by her place and get my dig on. I couldnt do it yesterday(although I am scared I should had made it there somehow just in case I didnt get beat to the punch). Thanks for the info, though..Damn I wish I had my gear still. Had to sell 3 1200s,1 Pioneer CDJ,Vestax 05Pro,Pioneer 909,loaded mpc2000XL and a new in box mpc 1000. Biggest regret of my life..no doubt about it. Regret it everyday...but I had to do it. Bills suck dick. Anyone wanna trade some gear for Jordans/kicks,etc?

• per0per0 152 Posts
    Sell the kicks before the gear . . . always

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Had to tell 3 1200s,1 Pioneer CDJ,Vestax 05Pro,Pioneer 909,loaded mpc2000XL and a new in box mpc 1000.

• http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post961375

check my post here and you can dl it... stop sleepin

• Had to tell 3 1200s,1 Pioneer CDJ,Vestax 05Pro,Pioneer 909,loaded mpc2000XL and a new in box mpc 1000.

I know I know..the worst mistake I ever made. It almost brings tears to my eyes...no kidding.

• http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post961375

check my post here and you can dl it... stop sleepin

oh shit..didnt even see that. But how the hell do I DL and listen to rar files? it just opens up in Word every damn time. I know ive asked this before..but I cant remember for shit, what I am supposed to do.

• you gotta have winrar or something to open the file.. that's all, right click and uncompress.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Get you UnRarX or StuffIt Expander for those .rar files.

Hey I remember I was going to sell you one of my 1200's 2 years ago.
    That's why I find it crazy that you got rid of your equipment.

• oh word..ive got winrar. Just download it, then right click and uncompress it? because if I right click the actual link, it just shows the standard "open link in new window,etc...."...no mention of uncompressing or anthing. Sorry to be such a dumbass.

By the way...what does that LP usually go for..ballpark $$$ ?

• damn..

"The server at www.divshare.com is taking too long to respond."

• Get you UnRarX or StuffIt Expander for those .rar files.

Hey I remember I was going to sell you one of my 1200's 2 years ago.
    That's why I find it crazy that you got rid of your equipment.

Yeah, at that point I had already sold two..funny you mention that. I forgot about it. Still wanna sell one?

• cool..I definitely have to go check out this ladies collection. I have a feeling she might have some heat. Its very VERY rare to find this kind of shit at the local flea now and days. Thanks for the info!

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    damn..

"The server at www.divshare.com is taking too long to respond."

Yeah whats up ? Record Day has been too much for it...