College Football Saturday

12346»

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Of course, I have now jinxed the Ducks with all my shit talk.

Thanks Wu it's your fault Dennis torn his ACL!
    8-4 would have been 11-1 if he stayed healthy.
    I'll never forgive you!

• Anyone else watching UH-UW? My alma mater versus place of residence. Everyone out here is FREAKING about the Warriors' 11-0 season.

My neighbor did his master's at UH, so we've got $10 on our respective schools.

UW looking pretty strong so far...

• Anyone else watching UH-UW? My alma mater versus place of residence. Everyone out here is FREAKING about the Warriors' 11-0 season.

My neighbor did his master's at UH, so we've got $10 on our respective schools.

UW looking pretty strong so far...

yup ova here in seattle. good game. hawaii's got a good run going. husky senior here.

• Shit, I think Hawaii's got it! Can't hate, they've been on fire all year.

• here we go baby!

• dangggggggg. dude's in my psych class! i'ma clown on him now.

12-0 (Hawaii just won) would be a whole lot more impressive if the strength of schedule was better. Aside from Boise State they haven't played a ranked team all year. According to Sagarin their SOS is only #18 so that severely hampers them in the polls. To put it in perspective, my team (the usually sorry-ass Kentucky Wildcats) have a Sagarin ranking of #23 even though they finished 7-5 because we play in the SEC and have to knock heads with a who's who of the Top 25 for a lot of the season. Playing teams like Florida, Georgia, LSU and Tennessee is a lot more impressive on the resume than Northern Colorado, Charleston Southern, etc. Frankly, I'm looking at the WAC standings and 2/3 of the schools are .500 or worse teams, so...yeah. I guess we'll see how real Hawaii is when they play in a bowl game.

• Yeah, I thought Washington was going to take it into overtime! Ah well, at least I get to enjoy the party over here.

• Yeah, I thought Washington was going to take it into overtime! Ah well, at least I get to enjoy the party over here.

true... we're too drunk to care over here. WR had it tho!

12-0 (Hawaii just won) would be a whole lot more impressive if the strength of schedule was better. Aside from Boise State they haven't played a ranked team all year. According to Sagarin their SOS is only #18 so that severely hampers them in the polls. To put it in perspective, my team (the usually sorry-ass Kentucky Wildcats) have a Sagarin ranking of #23 even though they finished 7-5 because we play in the SEC and have to knock heads with a who's who of the Top 25 for a lot of the season. Playing teams like Florida, Georgia, LSU and Tennessee is a lot more impressive on the resume than Northern Colorado, Charleston Southern, etc. Frankly, I'm looking at the WAC standings and 2/3 of the schools are .500 or worse teams, so...yeah. I guess we'll see how real Hawaii is when they play in a bowl game.

Yeah for sure... and Washington's 4-9 season looks a little less terrible considering who they played against. But it's still a huge triumph for a geographically isolated and fairly low-budget program, and the climax of a multi-year turnaround. There's no pro sports out here so UH football is everything - and like I said, people are FREAKING. Good game, too.

• Man I can't wait to see these rankings. My Tigers just might sneak in there. If we play tOSU in the Dome, it's a wrap.

Have a great day.

• I was at the West Virginia game

Thought I was gonna have a ball, had some family in town, every one was siked.

That shit sucked.

• I was at the West Virginia game

Thought I was gonna have a ball, had some family in town, every one was siked.

That shit sucked.

Pitt played their asses off. What a game. Tough one, mang.

And the refs really did try to help WV as much as they could...

• Longshore must hate himself.

saying.

I don't know why I signed into this thread. for real did I think it would make me feel better or something?

Frickin' fuck.

• I guess we'll see how real Hawaii is when they play in a bowl game.