College Football Saturday

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    that cal game was horrible. everyone at the bar i was at was ready to break shit! scary

Sayin' - the thing is...losing to Oregon St. wasn't the issue. Cal does that. But usually, with these super close games? In my memory, Cal's been pretty good about pulling those out. That's what makes this loss so painful (and gives me renewed respect for what the Ducks felt like the other week).

It's definitely one of the most embarrassing home losses that I can think of. As noted, nothing can quite beat the insanity that the Big Game in 1990 (real heads know the deal. MFers were CRYING in Memorial Stadium that night. Yeah, it was that bad) but Cal is going to take this loss with no vaseline.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    PS STOOP SERG NO LET ME CATCH YOU IN THE STREET TONIGHT AFTER YOUR LITTLE SCHITT TALKING I WILL PULL YOUR CARD THE NO LOVE WAY AND THAT IS MY WORD SHITBIRD.

go for it crybaby. honestly I don't give a shit about cal, they are irrelevent and always will be. I'm more on a fuck cal mission these days because I want diane to cry. This shit almost makes up for LSU's fuck up.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    ASU is looking good. SC going up against 3 ranked teams, the rest of the season.

• Witness the pressure on the top teams right now. Big ass bullseyes on the back of your jersey and shit. The SEC and Pac-10 are soooo much tougher than any other conferences. Running the table in these conferences is a BEAST.

tOSU will fall. BC will fall. Y'all need to check the Bulls of South Florida. They got a solid D, a good (crazy) coach and a tough-as-nails QB. They're the frickin' big-ass horsefly in the ointment. Hopefully a one-loss SEC champ can get in the title game. Ahem.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    This might be one of the worst losses I've seen in years. (I mean, it's no 1990 Cal vs. Stanford but to lose on a rookie mistake like that? Sheeyit. Longshore is probably damning his ankle right now).

WE COOOOUULDA BEEN #1. it came close to tears last night where i was watching.
    gotta say, when we couldn't score from 1st and goal from inches out, i knew things were fucked up.
    where was desean all game?!
    forsett was looking fierce in the first half, something like 8 yard average, but then nothing in the second!

and i know its bullshit to drudge up shitty calls but...

the no-call when OSU's QB crossed the line of scrimage, which led to OSU field goal at the end of the half, and the BS personal foul call when cal defense tackled OSU's dude slightly out of bounds - both of those really came back to bite us in the ass.

Cal getting dropped to #10 isn't so bad...that's where we started this season and we're still ahead of USC even though they won this week (albeit, barely).

What I find funny is how UCLA isn't even ranked...yet they're tied for the top of the Pac-10 alongside ASU.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Fuck man. BERKELEY

Argh it's like being from Boston

CHEAP SHOT!![/b]

You should pack up your baseball gear and cry all the way back to Alphabet City, homeboy.

Fuck man. BERKELEY

Argh it's like being from Boston

Except Boston tends to win these days!

I like BC's #3 ranking as much as the next guy, but they'll be labeled pretenders until they start beating ranked teams.

And yes, it's been a great autumn in Boston. BC's 7-0, The Pats are 6-0, and the Sox are in the ALCS. Plus, I heard we've got a basketball team. Life is thweet.

Um, no. Fuck the Red Sox.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Y'all need to check the Bulls of South Florida. They got a solid D, a good (crazy) coach and a tough-as-nails QB. They're the frickin' big-ass horsefly in the ointment.

Am I reading it right? South Florida is currently #2 in the nation?!?!

Hot damn...my mom went to and graduated from USF. In fact, I was literally conceived on the USF campus.

Geaux Bulls!!!

So...which Top 3 team is NOT going to get upset this season?

CRAZY/>

• Rutgers! NJ Stand UP!!

• Rutgers! NJ Stand UP!!

Piscataway. Hoes Lane/Old Hoes Lane and shit. I used to work right over by that stadium.

I knew Rutgers was gonna win that game. LSU if they TCB can creep up another slot to #3.

• thropethrope 750 Posts

• THE FIGHTING MANGINOS!!

Rutgers! NJ Stand UP!!

You were never down with Rutgers. Please.

No team is safe. LSU is still very much in it.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I am little disappointed that Odub and others have not copped to the fact that OSU totally outplayed Cal last weekend. If not for a complete defensive collapse with 4 minutes to go(allowing crazy deep bombs), not to mention a near game ending safety, OSU would have won by a mile.

How about some props for the Ducks who are downright scary on O right now. I see them having a legitimate shot at the title if they win out. I don't think anyone has a better loss. Alright LSU's is pretty legit. I hope Ohio State doesn't run the board cause they just don't seem that good and play in a weak conference.

• Rutgers! NJ Stand UP!!

Are you fucking kidding me?

My MOM went to Rutgers, asshole.

Why don't you go back to being silent. That was working well for you for a minute.

Rutgers! NJ Stand UP!!

Are you fucking kidding me?

My MOM went to Rutgers, asshole.

Why don't you go back to being silent. That was working well for you for a minute.

No need to use harsh words like that dude.

I am little disappointed that Odub and others have not copped to the fact that OSU totally outplayed Cal last weekend. If not for a complete defensive collapse with 4 minutes to go(allowing crazy deep bombs), not to mention a near game ending safety, OSU would have won by a mile.

Dude, just go back and re-read what you wrote. "Complete defensive collapse" = "totally outplayed"? Yeah man, I don't think so.

Cal was starting a rookie, redshirt freshman back-up QB and still managed to put enough points on the board to stay with OSU until the end. Our D has been weak all season though - I've copped to that in this thread and basically, I always thought Cal would fall short at some point (I really didn't see it happening to the Beavers but hey, shit happens).

You confuse "I'm happy to see Cal doing well" with "I am confident Cal will crush everyone." Celebrating my alma mater's victories is not the same as blind boosterism. Please not to get twisted.

• Yeah I don't think "completely outplayed" is really accurate. That's some homer shit, for sure. I mean, it was a victory well-won, that had Cal not staged that last drive would've been totally deserved. However, given that drive, it was Cal's game to win. We gave it away, and OSU squeaked through by the skin of their teeth.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Let's be honest. OSU was handling Cal all day, was up 2 scores with less than 4 to go. OSU played terribly in that final stretch, giving up 60 yard TDs in the prevent defense is totally ridiculous. Cal in no way was responsible for that comeback. I applaud your lack of homerism but Cal was not the best team that day. OSU is BTW no cake walk. The took down SC last year.

Let's be honest. OSU was handling Cal all day, was up 2 scores with less than 4 to go. OSU played terribly in that final stretch, giving up 60 yard TDs in the prevent defense is totally ridiculous. Cal in no way was responsible for that comeback. I applaud your lack of homerism but Cal was not the best team that day. OSU is BTW no cake walk. The took down SC last year.

Uh, and Stanford took down USC. And Rutgers took down USF. And...

"Cal in no way was responsible for that comeback."

GTFOOHWTB

• I actually don't think Cal fielded the best team that day, which is why it's amazing that they were still in it within the final 60 seconds. It was a pretty evenly-matched game, and while Cal didn't have many answers they also did not suffer a complete collapse at crunch time like OSU. I'd like to see the two teams play again. I'm sure it will be "no cake walk".

To put it simply: Cal has a team with some great potential in terms of player talent and coaching acumen. As an offensive force, they've done quite well. Their D has been pretty shoddy though arguably, that's what helped them win against a tenacious Oregon team.

Is Cal some crazy unstoppable force? Hell no. I've said all along that they didn't deserve their #2 ranking and I think the Oregon St. game proved that. But Cal, this year, really seems to have the elements that could get them to the Rose Bowl. Definitely no cake walk on that tip however

But the same could be said of every team I've seen in the Pac 10 this season. EVERYONE is vulnerable. It will be well night fascinating to see who ends up in the BCS. Right now, it really looks like anyone's chance. I do hope UMich spanks OSU (if someone else doesn't do it sooner). More upsets!

Who's next for the upset bandwagon?

3rd Qtr 8:35 1 2 3 4 Score
    (4) Oklahoma 0 0 7 7
    Iowa State 7 0 0 7

3rd Qtr 5:44 1 2 3 4 Score
    Vanderbilt 17 0 0 17
    (6) So Carolina 0 6 0 6

• Who's next for the upset bandwagon?

3rd Qtr 8:35 1 2 3 4 Score
    (4) Oklahoma 0 0 7 7
    Iowa State 7 0 0 7

3rd Qtr 5:44 1 2 3 4 Score
    Vanderbilt 17 0 0 17
    (6) So Carolina 0 6 0 6

Vanderbilt hung on and OU is battling up only a score. Even UT is within a score of Baylor. Crazy year.

GO SPARTANS!!!!

Cal vs. UCLA is looking like a potential shootout.

Our D is really hard to watch.

By the way, not that I'm surprised by this, but it's interesting how the promo ad for UC Berkeley literally hid almost all the Asian students who attend there.

This game is crazy.

• Ah, hell.

USC/Notre Dame = Reassuring victory

UCLA/CAL = Look out!

SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA ALL DAY.