REQ: original pinball sesame street song

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Hey strutters,if anyone could supply me with a high quality sound file/rip/mp3 of the Pinball song from Sesame Street (yes, the 1,2,3,4,5... 6,7,8,9,10.. 11, 12 one) I would be very, VERY appreciative. I know there is a ninja tune remix of it, but I really need the original version of the song, which as I understand it, was never released on a record.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    No rip, but here is the video.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    wouldn't mind if someone put up the dj food remix aswell

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    wouldn't mind if someone put up the dj food remix aswell

Here's the DJ Food edit.

Funnily enough, I was playing this record this morning...

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Pointer Sisters sung this I believe

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i cant remember where but there was a thread about this a while ago and somebody had a link to an interview with the producer about recording this, pointer sisters sang the music which is well known, and all the "five! eleven!" etc. sounds during the instrumental parts were just recorded to cartridge and punched in randomly or something like that...anybody have a link to it still? i remember it being pretty interesting.

great song, seriously a favorite of mine. im assuming most of you have seen the Family Guy version where stewie is in the ball...

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Hey strutters,
    if anyone could supply me with a high quality sound file/rip/mp3 of the Pinball song from Sesame Street (yes, the 1,2,3,4,5... 6,7,8,9,10.. 11, 12 one) I would be very, VERY appreciative. I know there is a ninja tune remix of it, but I really need the original version of the song, which as I understand it, was never released on a record.

Thanks in advance.

Not only was it never released on vinyl, but there was no master remaining for it... the version pieced together from the TV bits for that 12" release is the ONLY version ever released AFAIK.

• there was a track by arcee (toronto underground rap stand up) who used this in a single, i think.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    twas also used by this group nautilus, the final backpackrap single I bought

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Wasn't this the B-Side to the pic cover reissue of C Is For Cookie?

• this was probably the funkiest song of my childhood, I always got really excited when it came on. I didn't know what funk or jazz was as a kid ... but I still liked it when I heard it.

• One time I woke up on a Greyhound bus,singing mid song. "4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10....."

Literally coming out of a deep sleep, singing.

Wasn't this the B-Side to the pic cover reissue of C Is For Cookie?

Yeah, thats the DJ Food edit

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    this shit was on my wedding mix.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah,
    I recall there being a thread about this a while back too, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks for all the help guys. I know about the ninja tune 12" with the re-edit, but I really need the original version to use as I have a concept track I want to use it to produce.

Is anyone able to record this in a high quality format for me? I just need a good quality version of it to use.

Thanks

What I've been trying to tell you is that link above is the closest you could possibly get to the orig - the only 'editing' was putting all the pieces together to attempt to recreate the OG (which only exists as fragments in the show)

• Until now...

http://www.zshare.net/audio/394456215f9eef/

From the 35 year anniversary LP - not OG but thecorrector knows children R the future!

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Until now...

From the 35 year anniversary LP - not OG but thecorrector knows children R the future!

Absolutely without a doubt the BEST FIRST POST EVER!

Thanks dude. You are THAT DUDE, and with only one post, that makes you the dudest dude ever to have only one post.

• kalakala 3,359 Posts
    Until now...

From the 35 year anniversary LP - not OG but thecorrector knows children R the
    future!

your my new hero