WTF is this? (Zombie drug related)

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2007/09/26/ntm.zombie.drug.cnnScopolamine, aka the Zombie drug, as seen in the vbs.tv videos below is often used in Columbia to drug and rob people or as a date rape drug because scopolamine is colorless and odorless.The zombie drug renders its victims unable to resist their captors and leaves no memory behind of what happened to them.Scopolamine zombie drugExtracted from the borrachero tree and produced in massive quantities in neighboring Equador, scopolamine removes the victim???s free will like a date rape drug and literally turns them into a zombie drug victim who will do whatever they are told!There are over 50,000 scopolamine cases reported each year in Columbia and they usually don???t make the news unless they???re really bizarre. One recent incident involved three young Bogota women who preyed on unsuspecting men by smearing the drug on their breasts while dancing at nightclubs and luring their victims to take a lick.Losing all willpower due to the zombie drug, the men readily gave up all their cash, credit cards, and bank access codes. The breast-temptress thieves held them hostage for days, draining their accounts before turning them loose with absolutely no memory of what had happened.Here are the VBS.tv zombie drug videos:VBS.tv Columbian Devil???s Breath - Part 1Complete elimination of free will while still being active, coherent, and totally without any memory of what is happening.VBS.tv Columbian Devil???s Breath - Part 2Scopolamine renders its victims completely helpless to resist their abductors. Also known in Columbia as Devil???s Breath, it is used for date rape, kidnapping, financial crimes, and sometimes even murder.And that???s the whole creepy story on the scary zombie drug thing.http://hitsusa.com/blog/143/zombie-drug/

Comments

• It's already hit Newbridge, NJ.

• columbian chicks are finest. that's all I know.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    their breasts are full of drugs

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I'm glad that CNN blew this drug up. Now, every half-assed thief with a computer and Columbian friends thinks he's going to be the king of the world.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    columbian chicks are finest. that's all I know their breast dust leads me to believe.

• i know of 2 people in Ecuador (one of them used to be my pot dealer back when i was still living there) that have been robbed by people using this drug on them. they call it "dulces suenos" [sweet dreams] out there. apparently, the robber takes some kind of antidote to keep the drug from affecting him... he taps someone on the shoulder, they look back and he sprays them or blows some powder at them and they literally pass out in like 1 second and fall to the ground... he can then just rob them and walk away. my dealer friend fell hard and hit his head on the curb... fucked his head up bad... he has no recollection of anything passed someone tapping his shoulder. the shit is fucked up and happening everywhere out there... my friends are telling me that it sucks because it's creating a state of paranoia, where people don't even wanna let anyone get close to them... this has got to be the most cowardly crime i have ever heard of. truly weak-sauce.

• actually... i may be thinking of a different drug they're currently using in ecuador, but i could have sworn it was scopolamine... but this one doesn't keep the victims on their feet... they black out right away... maybe a stronger dose or something? regardless... crazy shit going on in south america right now.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    actually... i may be thinking of a different drug they're currently using in ecuador, but i could have sworn it was scopolamine... but this one doesn't keep the victims on their feet... they black out right away... maybe a stronger dose or something? regardless... crazy shit going on in south america right now.

Having trouble remembering? Try the Federal Government's new Memory Patch.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    haha...This sounds like something from a Fu Manchu or 007 movie. I'm sure this is going to be the new "scary drug" which will dominate the 5 o'clock news and therefore get the paranoid, Middle America soccer moms in a frenzy

• Lame sensationalism. Borrachero is not nearly as rare or exotic a species as this piece is trying to lead you to believe. Borrachero is nothing but a close relative of Datura, a genus of plant that grows all over the world, including here in the US. In fact, the two are so close in appearance and toxicity that they share a common name, Angel's Trumpet.

Both borrachero and datura contain the (toxic) alkaloids atropine and scopolamine. What makes these chemicals fascinating is that their effects are unlike practically any other drug. In the past, datura has often been called a hallucinogen, which, while technically accurate, is ultimately misleading, as it bears little if any similarity to more familiar psychedelics such as psilocybin or lysergic acid. In fact, to call datura a psychedelic at all is just plain wrong. More than anything, datura (i.e. scopolamine) is a powerful deleriant, meaning it completely removes you from reality as it exists, but without you ever really being aware of it.

One of many reasons people are warned against trying it is because it's absolutely impossible to detect how much of the active drugs are present in the seedpods at any one time. The concentration varies not only from plant to plant, but from seedpod to seedpod on the same plant, and from day to day depending on soil conditions. What the CNN clip appears to be exposing is simply that criminals in Colombia have learned how to extract scopolamine in a (relatively) pure form. And yes, I imagine that pure scopolamine would do a great job incapacitating an unsuspecting target.

I'm not sure whether the blogger is an incredible actor, or a phenomenal idiot.

• Yeah that datura shit is the bomb! Good book about the subject is called "the serpent and the rainbow " by Wade Davis. He's an ethnotoxicologist that went to Haiti to learn about zombies and how to make them. Killer book , not so killer movie made by Wes Craven.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Killer book , not so killer movie made by Wes Craven.

I thought the movie was pretty decent. For a movie.

• He's an ethnotoxicologist that went to Haiti to learn about zombies and how to make them. Killer book , not so killer movie made by Wes Craven.

I wonder if it's too late for me to switch my concentration?

Anyway, I wanted to write a little more about datura/borrachero, because I find the topic so fascinating.

There are plenty of entheogens that take users to 'different realities', but these alternate realities are typically experienced on a tether. That is, no matter how real the experience seems, the user has at least some notion that what they are experiencing is out of the ordinary. Those under the effects of datura, on the other hand, don't often retain this distinction. What they experience is absolutely, unmistakably real. They see people, hold conversations, smoke cigarettes , and go places that simply do not exist. From the first-person perspective, much of the datura experience can seem unremarkable, mundane even. Of course, to those observing, the individual will be acting like a certifiable lunatic. What's crazy is that even the really fantastic, extreme hallucinations are often experienced as if they were normal occurrences.

Here are some excerpts from trip reports taken from the vault at erowid.org (some are from non-native English speakers):

...[my friend] got off from the bus and got into another bus and went to a totally different neighborhood... Then he found his home (really a souvenir shop) got in, took his shoes off, went to kitchen and saw that there was a marzipan (really porcelain) dragon left for him on the table so he tried to eat it. Then shopkeeper and manager threw him out and threatened to call the cops.

My friend was seen by his uncle at morning climbing over someone's fence without clothes. He somehow got home his parents saw him coming home without clothes only underpants and t-shirt. He had fallen many times with his face against the ground so his face was covered with blood. He went straight to kitchen took a bottle of milk and searched for cup. He found a toothpick, put it on table and poured milk all over the table. And all family was there to see. Parents freaked out and when they asked what's wrong, he just took a mug and tried to go to toilet while saying that he has a great mission to accomplish and ran against the bathroom doorjamb countless of times.

My friend comes in saying she has to go home by curfew, so I have to drive. This is where all hell breaks loose. I remember the car turning into the carpet I was petting earlier. My friends telling me I'm driving in people???s yards but all I see is carpet. By then, my mouth was so dry I couldn't swallow and I could barely even speak. I'm just driving. So we crash, and I keep on driving and my friend, still quite sober jumps out of the car. I end up totaling my car. Don't remember much but the cracked windshield and saying 'is everyone okay?' hallucinating people are in the car with me, but I'm alone.

My eyes started focusing weird and I had couldn't read. The letters would fuzz out and I couldn't get them to make sense anyway. I talked to a friend of mine while I was in the bathroom. He was a friend who would come over late with his girlfriend a lot late and crash at my place. I couldn't quite remember them having gotten there or why they were crashing that night but I couldn't quite talk right enough to ask them. I would be looking in the bathroom mirror and suddenly notice him standing behind me in the mirror. At one point I was talking to his girlfriend who was standing next to me in the bathroom. I don't remember anything I said to them.

The next morning I awoke in my boxers and my bedroom door was closed like I usually do when my friend and his girlfriend stay over. I didn't really worry about waking up in my boxers. This friend and his girlfriend would have understood if I had done weird stuff under the influence. I came out of my room and saw heaps of bed clothing on the couch. The bathroom door was closed. I figured one of them was still asleep and the other one was using the bathroom. I didn't hear anything. Whoever was in the bathroom was in there for a while so I figured they were taking a shower. Eventually I went into the living room and no one was on the couch. I knocked on the bathroom door and no one answered. I opened it and found a towel on the floor. I figured they had gotten up before me, taken a shower and split. The stuff in my shower was all rearranged. My nearly empty tube of toothpaste had been cut up into little triangles like a paper doll. Some of the triangles were on the bathroom counter but most were mixed in to my laundry hamper.

Then I noticed my front door was locked from the inside. If they had left I had to have let them out and just not remembered. I called my friend and found out they had never come over at all. I had to have hallucinated them having been there, but it wasn't like a normal hallucination. I t was so concrete that I never would have expected it to not be real. I talked to them and they had talked back.

My kitchen floor had dried coffee all over it, as did one of my counters and one of my cabinet doors. My socks turned out to be in a cupboard where I normally keep my coffee, and I hadn't even been wearing socks the night before. My pants were in the front hall coat closet. My cell phone was in the refrigerator door. I didn't have any memory of doing any of those things.

All the next day I wasn't quite right. I kept hearing people say things, like someone call out. When I'd try to read, which was still difficult and fuzzy, I'd see people and movement out of the corner of my eyes. I very distinctly saw a man walk through my kitchen but I was alone in the apartment. I tried to take a nap at one point but I kept thinking I was reading a book on intellectual property law. I'd struggle through a chapter, which was coherent and made sense, only to open my eyes like I'd rested them briefly to learn I wasn't holding a book. Eventually I got myself together enough to go down to my fitness room and work out. By the next day I was perfectly normal.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    CRRAAAAAAZZZZY Stuff man...
    Watch the story about Devils Breath on the VBS.TV website, way better and more in depth than
    the CNN piece.