fireworks is illegal in long beach

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
is it like this where you live too? stein. . .

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yup, they're illegal in PA

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    yup, illegal in West LA, but everyone does 'em anyway. Inglewood was ok i think.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah... we have records in Australia too.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    illegal in NYC - even on Chinese New Years

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

It's illegal everywhere except for Tennessee, and certain counties in South Carolina at certain times of the year.

That's why when you go buy fireworks in any other state you have to sign those forms saying that you're taking them out of state within such and such amount of time.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

It's illegal everywhere except for Tennessee, and certain counties in South Carolina at certain times of the year.

That's why when you go buy fireworks in any other state you have to sign those forms saying that you're taking them out of state within such and such amount of time.

is this new? the last time we were in the States, we brought back three bags of fireworks (mostly bought in Louisiana).

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    In the NW we just buy ours from the Indian reservations. They can sell whatever they want.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    is nothing sacred anymore?

nothing like white folks getting drunk and lighting each other on fire to pay homage to this great nation.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    illegal in NJ too..............

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    thank god for handguns.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    dont worry, eminem is fighting for all of us...

A huge annual fireworks display is expected to get a fundraising boost from Grammy-winning rapper Eminem. Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, grew up in the Detroit area and lives in suburban Rochester Hills.

"The fireworks are a big part of summertime in Detroit, and I want to support them and the mayor," the rapper said in a statement. "I've come downtown to watch them since I was a kid, and I'll get involved in something that helps the city any way I can."

This year's fireworks had been threatened by a budget dispute. Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick initially threatened to cancel the show, saying budget cuts prevented adequate police presence, but later retracted that threat.

Eminem agreed to perform one song to open a fundraising party on Wednesday after Kilpatrick sought his support for the event, organizers said. About 2,000 tickets are expected to be sold for the $175-a-ticket party, organizers said.

• highnoteshighnotes 66 Posts
    legal in chino illegal in chino hills
    go figya

• thank god for handguns.

handguns are long beach fireworks. they were celebrating the fourth early last night.

stein -

legal in cypress.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

is this new? the last time we were in the States, we brought back three bags of fireworks (mostly bought in Louisiana).

There's different spots where they have their own rules, but I think TN and SC are generally the fireworks hotspots. They have a very liberal laws regarding buying and shooting them.

To my knowledge you can buy fireworks all over the place, but it's like in Ohio (as i said above) - you have to sign a form that you're taking the fireworks out of state within 48 hours.

But there are lots of different state and local rules.

The big thing is you can buy them, but you can't shoot them.

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    thank god for handguns.

handguns are long beach fireworks. they were celebrating the fourth early last night.

stein -

legal in cypress.

come to my hood, between the guns, illegal fireworks, and the sanctioned fireworks at the collesium its quite a show. our alley has be particularly good the last few years. im sure you can get some simliar vantage points if you are facing the queen mary.

• thank god for handguns.

stein -

legal in cypress.

come to my hood, between the guns, illegal fireworks, and the sanctioned fireworks at the collesium its quite a show. our alley has be particularly good the last few years. im sure you can get some simliar vantage points if you are facing the queen mary.

dude, that alley is fourth of july all the time. burning cars. automatics.

• spaceghostspaceghost 605 Posts
    thank god for handguns.

stein -

legal in cypress.

dude, that alley is fourth of july all the time. burning cars. automatics.

true dat.. alley feels empty when they clean it.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    dont worry, eminem is fighting for all of us...

A huge annual fireworks display is expected to get a fundraising boost from Grammy-winning rapper Eminem. Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers III, grew up in the Detroit area and lives in suburban Rochester Hills.

"The fireworks are a big part of summertime in Detroit, and I want to support them and the mayor," the rapper said in a statement. "I've come downtown to watch them since I was a kid, and I'll get involved in something that helps the city any way I can."

This year's fireworks had been threatened by a budget dispute. Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick initially threatened to cancel the show, saying budget cuts prevented adequate police presence, but later retracted that threat.

Eminem agreed to perform one song to open a fundraising party on Wednesday after Kilpatrick sought his support for the event, organizers said. About 2,000 tickets are expected to be sold for the $175-a-ticket party, organizers said.

You risk your life when you go to the fireworks in the D. Last year some dude just started firing and they have also had a lot of other incidences in the past.

Michigan has some legal fireworks but they're nothing special. Usually head out to Indiana and as soon as you cross the border they have barns full of the good stuff.

• yeah them shits aint illegal here in South Carolina. Motherfuckers LOVE some fireworks around here..although bottle rockets got banned about 10 years ago which totally fucked up the bottle rocket wars that I so enjoyed growing up. Everyone took pride in their converted hollowed pipe/bottle rocket launcher...neighborhood VS neighborhood.