30 Rock Appreciation

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Me and the missues have been DVD-bonging S1 the last week or so. I can't believe I fell for the hype on "Studio 60" (pretentious terd) and slept on this. Tina Fey = and the writing is pretty fucking smart, especially for a network sit-com.

Comments

• Alec Baldwin is amazing on this show...

"Why are you wearing a tux?"

"It's past 4:30, what am I a farmer?"

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    kinda that tracy morgan is hosting the hip hop honors this year.

the tina-tracy-alec combo is x1000000000.

i hope the show has a second season.. hurd the ratings were

• is there going to be a second season and if so when does it start?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    kinda that tracy morgan is hosting the hip hop honors this year.

the tina-tracy-alec combo is x1000000000.

i hope the show has a second season.. hurd the ratings were

They weren't great but good enough to not only get a second season but also get moved to Thursdays (albeit, NBC Thursdays ain't what they used to be).

• Love this show. It really squeezes my mind grapes.

The show is back for the season and premieres next Thursday.

• "THE WHITE MAN PUTS THE AIDS IN THE CHICKEN NUGGET!!!!!

ITS A METAPHOR!!!!!!!"

• Funniest show on TV right now, neck and neck with the Office.

Studio 60 was alternately mediocre and painful....

• I need the Fat Bitch poster.

"I believe that vampires are the greatest golfers on Earth, but their curse is they can never prove it."

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    (albeit, NBC Thursdays ain't what they used to be).

when are you referring to? I can only hope you aren't referring to the Friends/Seinfeld days....because that would mean you are actually suggesting that Friends was an entertaining show.

my name is earl / scrubs / office & 30 rock may not be everyone's cup of tea; but given how few prime time (non-cable) TV sitcoms even slightly amuse me anymore, i would say that about as close to murderers row that any station could ask for now.

(albeit, NBC Thursdays ain't what they used to be).

when are you referring to? I can only hope you aren't referring to the Friends/Seinfeld days....because that would mean you are actually suggesting that Friends was an entertaining show.

I wasn't a big fan of either show but the ratings don't lie, son. NBC used to fucking OWN Thursdays, for years. Not anymore though.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    haven't watched much of the show at all - but definitely a big fan of...

"Do you like Phil Collins?"
    "Do I not have two ears and a heart?"

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    this is a show that definitely does not suck
    nice to see something bring the strut tv critics association together in agreement

i hope the awkward situation between alec and the NBC bigwigs (after the message he left for his daughter was released, he asked them to release him from his contract; they refused) doesn't affect the show

nice to see something bring the strut tv critics association together in agreement

i hope the awkward situation between alec and the NBC bigwigs (after the message he left for his daughter was released, he asked them to release him from his contract; they refused) doesn't affect the show

Why would he want out of his contract over his fuck-up? You'd think it'd be the reverse.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts

Why would he want out of his contract over his fuck-up? You'd think it'd be the reverse.

Guessing he was mad at them for participating in that story getting out there?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Tina Fey = Teh Sexxy

• best show on television.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I think he said it was to concentrate more on his family. I think it was a media play to try and garner some sympathy tho.

Oh and def best comedy on TV. I like the office too but 30 Rock kills it IMO.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

I think he said it was to concentrate more on his family.

yup. and even though 30 rock wasn't a big hit, it did decently for a first season sitcom and garnished a lot of bzzz. no way would nbc want to turn their back on their emmy winner

• Tina Fey = Teh Sexxy

hell yesh!

• Oliver you like your ladies with scars. You are right though, both Tina Fey and Padma make scars look hot.

Did anyone see the episode where Tracy thought the coalition of black celebrities were out to ruin him, like the rumors of Oprah and bill Cosby taking down Chappelle. It had to have been based on that.