Price Czech Modern Soul??

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Local San Diego label from 1979.....did my Google homework but can't find much about it.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I've listened to it and passed it up based on playing it without even thinking of value. But I think its not all that valuable to begin with

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I've listened to it and passed it up based on playing it without even thinking of value. But I think its not all that valuable to begin with

Mucho Gracias.......one cut seemed OK the rest was

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    if Al Green and Sam Cooke had a baby it would look like Jesse Davis.

if Al Green and Sam Cooke had a baby it would look like Jesse Davis.

Seems like Charlie Pride should be in there too.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    looks like you've been digging at Doc's. I was there Saturday and got a couple nice things for cheap, also noticed they have a copy of Sol up on Ebay...wish that would have found it's way to the bins.

As far as the Jesse Davis, I saw a copy of that online for $10 recently. Title track was pretty good, but the singing kinda f'd it up.

Rog.....did he show you the Other Brother's 45 on the local Dallas PET label??

I made one nice score there myself today....and obviously, this Jesse Davis wasn't it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I thought I recognized that guy. Mr Lonely's singing sucks balls and can ruin any track.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    He didn't show me that.

I'm thinking now that Chad has a new job across town and dosn't work one exit away anymore, we might have more luck there.

Swap this Sunday if you have time.

• Rog.....did he show you the Other Brother's 45 on the local Dallas PET label??

Was it the light blue label one? "A Little Girl" ?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    local san diego soul singer

doo doo max tracks, has a few albums

makes me yawn everytime I see his albums, recorded through the 80s if I'm not mistaken

no deal

• Rog.....did he show you the Other Brother's 45 on the local Dallas PET label??

My guess would be "No Class". I didn't think there was a second PET label 45. That would be rad!!

• Mr Lonely Balls

Ya know when you read something wrong and then that is all you can see?

I just had one of those moments.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

I made one nice score there myself today....and obviously, this Jesse Davis wasn't it.

Was that "No Class" or another title?

what was your score from there?
    Looks like I need to stop by there more often as the stock seems to be changing now

• this is a pop vocal record

My guess would be "No Class". I didn't think there was a second PET label 45. That would be rad!!

not that one. No Class is a yellow label right? I have a light blue one called "a little girl" and then something in parenthesis, I don't have it in front of me now. I wish it wasnt whipped

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I somehow ended up getting another record by this guy once in a dollar bin, terrible crooner record. definitely not moder

It was a yellow label....."Take You Higher"

Flip was an instrumental and I think it had the word "Soul" in the title??

It was a yellow label....."Take You Higher"

Flip was an instrumental and I think it had the word "Soul" in the title??

yeah, thats "no class". what was the asking price?

• Jesse Davis has a couple 45s from the 60s that go for $$$$ though.