Early week finds

13»

Comments

• haha, y'all dudes are a mess.

ha ha. "Grail mentality."

• Seriously Tony though I need that Joe Pass, and what's up with one of your fittyleven copies of Franticdiagnosis?

I'ma be at you sooner rather than later, west Philly copper pipe moves FOR REAL.

• west Philly copper pipe moves FOR REAL.
    AYO! youre Striking A NERVE jonny!!!!

found four of these at a flea market today.
    .05 to .85 cents each
    is it any good?

• sold about 1700 records to Amoeba yesterday, my first purge after about 12 years of collecting, and same day walked by a dumpster with this hanging out fresh in the shrink, nm with a slight warp:

image borrowed from crink via waxidermy

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    sold about 1700 records to Amoeba yesterday, my first purge after about 12 years of collecting

did you get decent money? last time i rolled thru there with like 200 or so records and they didn't want to give up nada. they wanted it all, but i couldn't let some of it go that cheap. i had some dope shit in there. i was trying to get rid of shit i had 3-4 copies of. granted it was mostly hip hop, but damn.

• west Philly copper pipe moves FOR REAL.
    AYO! youre Striking A NERVE jonny!!!!

found four of these at a flea market today.
    .05 to .85 cents each
    is it any good?

hehehheh! humor goin on up in here - the old date on 'todays finds' pic is the best!!!

or, even more postmoder - finding 4 of that JPEG at the flea today.

teh internets

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    sold about 1700 records to Amoeba yesterday, my first purge after about 12 years of collecting, and same day walked by a dumpster with this hanging out fresh in the shrink, nm with a slight warp:

haha! 2nd Twilight record found abandon on the street this year?

• yeah, had a pretty good week. i found EVERY record on popsike yesterday. well, i guess it wasn't that early in the week. but not a bad weds eh?

oh yeah, and i found about 25,000 brasilian funk 45's in a dumpster to boot.

mad decent week.

taking my girl out to tommy burger for eggwiches and an orange slice to celebrate!

if anyone wants a record, just go to popsike and choose something, anything, i really don't care. i'll send it media no worries.

if you can't find it on that site, just imagine what you want, i'll send it priority.

---

the record find was cool. but seriously the craziest shit ever happened today! some african investment company just transferred 1,000,000 euros into my account as well. for free!

i'm loving it.

• actually fuck tommy burger, i heard that thai food is the bomb. well get some thai staeks.

• sold about 1700 records to Amoeba yesterday, my first purge after about 12 years of collecting, and same day walked by a dumpster with this hanging out fresh in the shrink, nm with a slight warp:

haha! 2nd Twilight record found abandon on the street this year?

Seriously, that is fuckin crazy (I found their other record in the street in Oakland a few months ago). Shit, and I was walking around SF yesterday too. I'm almost glad I wasn't the one to find this one or I'd have to take out my own eyes or something.

• i found EVERY record on popsike yesterday.

did we meet ? Because I actually did not only find all the records on popsike, but popsike itself. they have this crazy warehouse where they take all the pictures of the raers. A 30s jazz collectro told me about it and he also gave me his collection and his wife for free.

• how was the wife?
    vg+?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i found EVERY record on popsike yesterday.

did we meet ? Because I actually did not only find all the records on popsike, but popsike itself.

• how was the wife?
    vg+?

still sealed, that's what dude told me. Cheater!

when I finally had a look it was more like g- with a lot of visible surface marks and background noise all the time! Even after a professional cleaning procedure, condition did not exceed vg-.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i found EVERY record on popsike yesterday.

did we meet ? Because I actually did not only find all the records on popsike, but popsike itself. they have this crazy warehouse where they take all the pictures of the raers. A 30s jazz collectro told me about it and he also gave me his collection and his wife for free.

that place used to be my house. they stole it.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

that place used to be my house. they stole it.

don't worry, piedpiper will get it back for you using his pakistani weaponry. Or maybe he will find doubles of your house in the field, that would also help. can i have the sunbirds btw?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    can i have the sunbirds btw?

i'm pretty sure that you can download an mp3 of it somewhere. i finally came to the conclusion that zagara sucks.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I bet I know what thrift tony tripdoub went through. i went to philly to do some work a few days ago, checked some thrifts--and there was one thrift in particular (not saying shh...but i know..in the nw) that looked like it was very fresh stuff just put out, but i couldn't find anything---totally picked over!!!

bah!

it is true--philly thrifts can be amazing!

• some decent pick ups

local thrift. about half a crate

Esther Williams, Lyman Woodard, Begining of the end at a thrift store..NO!!

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

maybe he will find doubles of your house in the field

• I bet I know what thrift tony tripdoub went through. i went to philly to do some work a few days ago, checked some thrifts--and there was one thrift in particular (not saying shh...but i know..in the nw) that looked like it was very fresh stuff just put out, but i couldn't find anything---totally picked over!!!

thats record karma...you need to get your ass to your storage locker!!

whats up z---?

• From the last few days:

The Sophia LP is by Laurel Atkin. It was recorded in the UK and produced by Atkin. The label is Count Shelly. This is a totally unique LP (I will post clips soon). Kind of lo-fi reggae blues LP for lack of a better description. A new favorite.

[img]

man, i would love that monty alexander! i would hug it and squeeze it and name it george...

• 45s are

Wayne Spence & Smiling Faces - Thank God For Peace
    The Electric Flag - Soul Searchin'

• [img]

Wayne Spence & Smiling Faces - Thank God For Peace

Why does this record from Ohio keep turning up in Toronto? Buy one for me!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i got some Larnelle record from 1980. pretty sick