On Track on Wax (Kon & Amir Related)

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Don't know if this is a re-post. Looks good though.http://www.fatcity.co.uk/sales/pages/MusicPageRichMedia.aspx?pageid=12163Executive Suite- When It Comes To Loving Me (Kon's Edit)Garden Of Eden- Everybody's On A Trip (Kon's Edit) Steel City Orchestra- Steel City Disco (Kon's Edit) Jorge Santana- Darling I LoveSTUD Band- Success Imp Express- 8-1Masterforce- Don't Fight Feeling (Kon's Edit)Darryl Douglas- Holding On (Kon's Edit) The London Experimental Jazz Quartet- Destroy The Nihilst Picnic Claudio Mederies- SoarZelia Barbosa- Opiniao Vincent Geminiani- Insideleusement Les Elfes Marius Cultier- Nestor: Ti PatteAdolphe Parillon- Country Quintette Guineenne- Douga Juan Demonio- Esto Me Gusto Larry Nozero- Tune For L.N. The Baron Von Ohlen Quarter- Tergiversation (The Whistle Song)

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    thats OFF Track

• That looks good. I didn't know this was coming out.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Already copped. Sounding good.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    I'd bet that 30%+ is unlicensed. BBE is

• actually, it is all licensed officially..trust me, they got someone to do it for them.

amir

• please check the cd as well there are exclusive tracks ton it that are only on the cd not the vinyl.

amir

• I'd bet that 30%+ is unlicensed. BBE is

a bet you'd lose. im sure you'd say stones throw is weak as well, cuz they dont clear samples.
    Not that it should matter to anybody, unless of course you are the artist involved.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts

a bet you'd lose. im sure you'd say stones throw is weak as well, cuz they dont clear samples.
    Not that it should matter to anybody, unless of course you are the artist involved.

A bet I've already won as I've caught BBE with their hand in the cookie jar already this year (Funky Fever on Kings Of Diggin - we're still waiting for that check).

And hey, we represent tons of artists they've already ripped off, so we "win" there as well. Ripping off artists is always weak, especially those on the junior circuit who are 90% of the time within reach if you put in a little effort. But hey, I only do this every day, so what do I know?

A bet I've already won as I've caught BBE with their hand in the cookie jar already this year (Funky Fever on Kings Of Diggin - we're still waiting for that check).

And hey, we represent tons of artists they've already ripped off, so we "win" there as well. Ripping off artists is always weak, especially those on the junior circuit who are 90% of the time within reach if you put in a little effort. But hey, I only do this every day, so what do I know?

gettin the popcorn......

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    please check the cd as well there are exclusive tracks ton it that are only on the cd not the vinyl.

amir

this seems backwards...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

gettin the popcorn......

Can you grab me a large popcorn drink combo? I'm in row G.

Thanks!

• well, you may do this everyday but you can only speak for the records you have been involved in. In regards to our record, it is totally legit. By the way, for someone who does this everyday you should know that NOT all artists are that easy to get in contact with 90% of the time...that's really not true. Anyway, I am not going to go down this road with you...it's about the music not what you consider weak sauce.

Amir

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    it's about the music not what you consider weak sauce.

Amir

that seems a contradiction as he considers it weaksauce that the musicians & composers don't get paid.

• actually, it's not..i was referring to the Off Track comp. and this thread not what he considers weak sauce...he can only speak about his experiences with bbe not with reference to Kon and I that's all I am sayin'. again, our comp is legit!!
    amir

• when does this drop? I will definetly support and PURCHASE.

• it drops oct. 2nd..hey bro what the deal..cannot wait to get back to SF!
    amir

• it drops oct. 2nd..hey bro what the deal..cannot wait to get back to SF!
    amir

sayin'. I saw you guys doing something in L.A. and was hoping someone would get you guys up here. Hopefully soon.

Before i go any further...ripping artists off is not a good look. I believe almost every dj/ producer on here making any kind of remix/ re-edit is not paying the artist. So as far as 12"s along the lines of that..i guess im guilty. Am i paid off that...since you do this everyday, you already know the answer to that. Selling records is not how you make money now a days.
    Would you be willing to bet the heads you work for have never booted or wanted to boot/white label anything ? Hmmmmmm....

What are you winning ? What prize do you get for putting shit on blast here? You want a parade now ?

As far as kings of digging goes, that is not this project. Again, you will lose your bet with this one. I dont think this thread was intended for you to police a labels clearence policy. If you have a problem with bbe on that end.. deal with that properly, not a on a chat message board where heads are checking for my shit. If being a label watchdog is what you want to do, go be charles bronson and take it to the label. Assuming you know the time with this project is not a good look. We are not bbe, and I have no problem with confrontation....what you posted was wack. Next time somebody posts a thread on an artists upcoming release, and you want to air out your negative feelings toward the label...hit them up directly.Blowing up spots on my time is

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Yeah guys... these kind of threads, especially when directed at dudes like Kon and Amir are straight

In a forum like this can't we say right off the bat that there is obviosuly an appreciation fo artists in our genres of choice and that we all wanna see them get their props/dues for the work they put in.

And that being said, can't we also agree that there's a big difference between dudes like Kon and Amir who are trying to put out dope music, do the right thing by the artists and also aren't exactly living like kings off the proceeds vs, say just as an example, Black Eyed Peas sampling Stark reality and not getting the sample cleared?

For me that pretty much sums it up.

In the words of Bob French, "Do your thing funky men, do your thing!"
    (I paid Mr French money to use this quote)

• TNGTNG 234 Posts

Before i go any further...ripping artists off is not a good look. I believe almost every dj/ producer on here making any kind of remix/ re-edit is not paying the artist. So as far as 12"s along the lines of that..i guess im guilty. Am i paid off that...since you do this everyday, you already know the answer to that. Selling records is not how you make money now a days.
    Would you be willing to bet the heads you work for have never booted or wanted to boot/white label anything ? Hmmmmmm....

What are you winning ? What prize do you get for putting shit on blast here? You want a parade now ?

As far as kings of digging goes, that is not this project. Again, you will lose your bet with this one. I dont think this thread was intended for you to police a labels clearence policy. If you have a problem with bbe on that end.. deal with that properly, not a on a chat message board where heads are checking for my shit. If being a label watchdog is what you want to do, go be charles bronson and take it to the label. Assuming you know the time with this project is not a good look. We are not bbe, and I have no problem with confrontation....what you posted was wack. Next time somebody posts a thread on an artists upcoming release, and you want to air out your negative feelings toward the label...hit them up directly.Blowing up spots on my time is

This isn't about "blowing up" anyone's "spot," but rather a comment on the suspect practices of the label who released the record. Perhaps this is the one time they got it right, but my doubt is backed by a really poor track record on their part. They certainly didn't clear every track on Kon & Amir's last effort, so why should we expect any different?

If they licensed every track, and every artist is getting paid, I apologize. I don't however feel that they get a free pass just because they got two respectable DJs to select the tracks, especially considering said DJs last effort with the label. Let me make this clear, this is not a dig at Kon or Amir, or the record, only a cautionary tale. I think people like to know that artists and producers and writers are getting paid when they shell out $18 for a record. I'm glad to hear that every artist is getting paid on your latest record and hope the trend continues.

In the absence of a "BBE sucks" thread, this one unfortunately had to do.

As for your comment on the "heads I work for," you'll be happy to know there aren't any "heads" above mine. Unless you count the 100+ artists we work hard for every day. Artists like Jay Mitchell and Frank Penn, who are still by the way, waiting for that Kings Of Digging check. I'll relinquish the board back to you and resist the temptation to take up any of your "time" in the future by instead arguing about non-music related subjects like sneakers and Church's Chicken sides.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Dude, not offense, but you sound like a wanker. I don't give a fuck who you "represent" you're a flamin' poptart for even blowing up your spot on the behalf of Kon & Amir's release... start a thread baggin' BBE on some other shit, that would be fine and you're entitled to it, but using this as a jumping point to air your personal business with BBE is fucking wack. Why the fuck you even asking for a check from BBE here? Don't you have their e-mail address?. I dont think Kon or Amir work there, they just did a comp, the label business is seperate. They said it was cleared, take their word unless you have proof otherwise.

Take off your skirt and shut the fuck up. I'm saying that in the nicest voice possible hommie, you sounding like a snitch right now....

• just for the record that song you speak of is on muro's side..cause neither kon or I have that song. I believe for the most part the music on our side was cleared for the kings of...so unless you represent an artist that was on our side that didn't get paid..SHUT IT!!! just stop already man...if you have a beef with bbe hit them directly..don't throwin' salt on us. Kon and I have nothing to do with that shit...as my man sheep said we only compiled the record.

amir

• HA! Awesome

Take off your skirt and shut the fuck up. I'm saying that in the nicest voice possible hommie, you sounding like a snitch right now....

• dayday 9,611 Posts

In the absence of a "BBE sucks" thread, this one unfortunately had to do.

Bullshit. All you had to do was make one instead of turning this thread into your personal soapbox.

You "sound" like a "dick".

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    The Numero Group vs. BBE

SAUCY!

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    not only are Kon and Amir both total rip-off artists - they litter and make fun of people with down's syndrome. they're rude and crass, and I for one have even bore witness to Kon hitting on a 13 year old girl by holding up a vg+- copy of matthew larkin cassell's little known 45 and suggestively putting his index finger back and forth through the center hole, raising his eye brows while doing that gross Gene Simmons thing with his tongue, all along screaming profanities. Amir spends his evenings watching curling on foreign sports networks and abusing farm animals with meat hooks and said the Holocaust was a minor detail in history. Barely Breaking Even? On Track? On crack is more like it - because I've seen Kon sell the stuff to preschoolers. "You want to see ponies?" said he to a poor young lad with a bowl cut and a gleam in his eye - before starting to cry and shiver in the presence of a complete monster, a lunatic dope peddler with his eye on the prize and total disregard for civility.
    make pretty damn good comps though - and you shouldn't call them out for something they haven't anything to do with really, beside picking the records.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I don't understand why people are even posting on this
    subject after Kon & Amir had their say. Kon pretty much
    laid it out in no uncertain terms, on all fronts.

I'll be purchasing. But I also need a clean upgrade
    of my Garden of Eden on French - my copy is shredded

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts
    I don't understand why people are even posting on this
    subject after Kon & Amir had their say. Kon pretty much
    laid it out in no uncertain terms, on all fronts.

I'll be purchasing[/b]

Umm, yeah, it looks great, listened to a few soundclips, all good. Thanks Kon & Amir!

• alright, I just spoke with BBE and here is what they said..first, you need to let them know what track you are referring to (as they have apparently asked you do so in the past). Second, as they have told you they were NOT the ones responsible for the licensing for this record..K7/Rapster holds the responsiblity for that. So contact K7 Records as you were told in the past to do. If this is what you do everyday then stop wasting time shitting on my past and present releases from BBE and handle your bizness cause apparently you are not. Now I didn't have to do (talk to BBE), but I did so if hear you didn't follow up on this I will straight shit on EVERY Numero Group release..trust me son!

Amir

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    you sounding like a snitch right now....