Oregon on Vanguard

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Got this at a thrift this weekend. I'd never head of this group before. Late pass?I could see some folks writing this off as a forced-Eastern / hippy-dippy / proto-New Age effort, but I like what I've heard so far.

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    if im not mistaken this record is pretty common. ive had it before but wasnt really my thing.

• if im not mistaken this band's entire catalogue[/b] is pretty common. this band had several LP's out, and were pretty big in fusion circles back in the seventies.[/b]

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    if im not mistaken this band's entire catalogue[/b] is pretty common. this band had several LP's out, and were pretty big in fusion circles back in the seventies.[/b]

Makes sense. I figured that it wasn't rare because of the label.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    These dudes suck donkey nuts.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I only have one of the Elvin Jones with Oregon
    albums. I don't know if they just made them record
    together because they were both on the label at the same
    time or what, but I remember being pretty unimpressed.
    I had hoped for some unlikely earthy-jazz/post-bop fusion
    miracle, but no such luck.

• if im not mistaken this band's entire catalogue[/b] is pretty common. this band had several LP's out, and were pretty big in fusion circles back in the seventies.[/b]

Makes sense. I figured that it wasn't rare because of the label.

Vanguard has had several releases rarer than Oregon.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I am cosigning without ever having heard any of their music.

Dudes called themselves "Oregon". This is clearly the very worst sort of sub-Weather Report fuzack.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Dudes called themselves "Oregon". This is clearly the very worst sort of sub-Weather Report fuzack.

Shit, I'd only heard two tracks, and in the background at that. I'm getting some major anger up in here. Maybe I need to hear the rest of the LP.

I know that Vanguard has some rarities that are the exception and not the rule.

Shit, I'd only heard two tracks, and in the background at that. I'm getting some major anger up in here.

Dude. It's moustache fuzack. For Riunite drinkers.

Like, on ice? That's nice!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Shit, I'd only heard two tracks, and in the background at that. I'm getting some major anger up in here.

Well, it's certainly no Emergency!.

I have a moustache, but it's connected to my Van Dyke. Is this acceptable?

If let on that the other thrifty LP pulls this weekend were comprised of older Pilgrim Travelers, Gospel Keynotes, Swan Silvertones, and Spirit Of Memphis Quartet, does it balance this out?

If let on that the other thrifty LP pulls this weekend were comprised of older Pilgrim Travelers, Gospel Keynotes, Swan Silvertones, and Spirit Of Memphis Quartet, does it balance this out?

That is between you and the Creator.

• These dudes suck donkey nuts.

Well, it's certainly no Emergency!.

I have a moustache, but it's connected to my Van Dyke. Is this acceptable?

hey man,
    i like that record and that group. surprised you'd never heard of them. But if you like it, you like it, don't let some internet clowns change your opinion

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I own way too many Oregon albums and solo albums by Oregon members. They often come close to being ill, but seem to willfully pull back into the worst new age world music cliches, never allowing a single song to be completely awesome. Having said that, this is the best I've heard from them:

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    maybe oregon is a little lite for most on this board but ralph towner is an amazing guitarist
    anyone with a semblence of taste or knowledge knows this
    to discount and non chalantly dismiss him would be to express how shallow and filled your skull is with donkey balls

as always this should cover it all
    HKKKUNT=PATHETIC PRIVATE BOAT PRESS LESBIAN RARER UGLY 4eyed MASTRABATORY SNOBBISH DORKSTAIN/CUNTING CUP OF SCUMM NERD KNOW IT ALL GEEK WHO GETS PISSED ON BY REYNALDO"S HERPE PUSTULE ENCRUSTED MICRO DICK OVER AT SABADABADOODOO's HOUSE WHILE DOLO SKKUM JERKS OFF AS HE LOOKS ON FROM HIS PISS STAINED MATTRESS AT HIS ROACH INFESTED CHAV TRAILER HOME

you dream of playing guitar one iota as well as towner

don't let some internet clowns change your opinion

Why, you little weasel!

Let it be known that Crink and I will not hesitate to clown in person anybody that attempts to rock an Oregon record in our presences!

• oregon sucks. the state and the weaksauce cheeseball ethno fusion group. what are you guys going to ride for next? hank crawford rico tico?

• maybe oregon is a little lite for most on this board but ralph towner is an amazing guitarist
    anyone with a semblence of taste or knowledge knows this.

im not into music because of skill level. these guys blow i gigantic donkys dick while eating a terd at the same time. deal.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    oregon sucks. the state and the weaksauce cheeseball ethno fusion group. what are you guys going to ride for next? hank crawford rico tico?

I'm riding for towner not oregon

I SOLD RICO TICO FOR 300 BRITISH POUNDS ONCE AND IT STILL BRUNS THE TOWNER'S FECAL IMPACTED INGROWN PEANUT SPRAY AZZ JUICE
    DEAL

• oregon sucks. the state and the weaksauce cheeseball ethno fusion group. what are you guys going to ride for next? hank crawford rico tico?

I'm riding for towner not oregon

I SOLD RICO TICO FOR 300 BRITISH POUNDS ONCE AND IT STILL BRUNS THE TOWNER'S FECAL IMPACTED INGROWN PEANUT SPRAY AZZ JUICE
    DEAL

exactly