MMAStrut

BashirBashir 25 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Pride fighters went 0-2 and Shogun made me look a little foolish for hyping him up to the rest of the people watching. Wanderlei looked like Lidell messed with his big money fight by not realizing he was losing for 3 rounds.

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Shogun was a huge failure. I'm still surprised at that.

- spidey

• seriously what the fuck. i swear I'M going to fight someone in the ufc this year and win.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I just saw the Shogun/Griffin fight.

No good. Ah well, best man wins, I can think of 20 different reasons why Griffin had the edge even coming into this fight, but I won't. It just plain sucks to see one of my favorite fighters lose his debut in UfC.

I'll watch the other fights tomorrow. peace.

Not sure if this will work...
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1IGSHEEN

Here it is man.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WAOI1E33

This is K-1 Hero's 10 Grandprix Finals

got it...

thanks yuichi...

No problem.

• Somebody pulled my coat to this guy, who is small but savage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8w5hGp0Rmc

Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto - He cocky as shit too!

Kid Yamamoto is a bad ass. This is the fight against Miyata (one of the best wrestlers/overall fighters in his division), shattered his jaw with the first knee flying knee strike.

It's official. I am crying deeply inside. It hurts.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=9357

October 5, 2007
    by Jordan Breen (jbreen@sherdog.com)

Some six months after it was announced at a press conference in Tokyo that Dream Stage Entertainment had agreed to sell control of the PRIDE Fighting Championships to UFC owners Frank and Lorenzo Fertitta, Japanese news Web sites on Thursday reported that all current PRIDE employees were notified by Jamie Pollack, the Zuffa lawyer charged with overseeing the operations of the PRIDE office, that they had been terminated.

The account of an anonymous PRIDE staff member, reported by preeminent Japanese combat sports Web site God Bless The Ring, stated that on Oct. 3, Pollack informed the 20 employees of the PRIDE office that a conference call would be held the following day.

During the Oct. 4 call, Pollack reportedly instructed employees to immediately turn over their personal computers and cell phones and exit the building. He also told the employees, according to the anonymous staffer, that he would not answer any personal questions or queries from the staff, and that if they had any issues they wished to address, that they should e-mail him. The entire conference call lasted 10 minutes.

The official termination documents of the PRIDE office employees are expected to be executed by American lawyers on Nov. 4.

God Bless The Ring also stated that its staff, along with representatives from no less than three other sports outlets, arrived at the PRIDE office to report on the story at approximately 3 p.m. GBR reported that on arrival, they discovered that access to the third floor of the office building -- the floor that housed the PRIDE offices -- had been restricted.

The Yomiuri Shibun newspaper added that the act was in part motivated by the fact that in May all the contracts of PRIDE's Japanese competitors would lapse, leading to them becoming unsigned free agents anyhow.

Perhaps the cruelest irony of the Japanese media accounts was noted by GBR, which reported the comments of another unnamed PRIDE employee, who said that many staff members had been working on a special proposal intended to celebrate PRIDE's 10th anniversary on Oct. 11.

tellin ya man soon UFC will be on some don king boxing type bullshit, some of the last several fights have been seriously

serious. I am a "Pride fan boy/nuthugger" as Sherdog peeps like to call it. But damn, I hate the Octagon. Love the visibility and cleannes of a boxing ring. I'm gonna miss the footstomps and true grappling as well..........

Time to move on to Hero's, I guess. and time to step up my Pride DVD game. Those shits are gonna be at a Premium now.

• tellin ya man soon UFC will be on some don king boxing type bullshit, some of the last several fights have been seriously

serious. I am a "Pride fan boy/nuthugger" as Sherdog peeps like to call it. But damn, I hate the Octagon. Love the visibility and cleannes of a boxing ring. I'm gonna miss the footstomps and true grappling as well..........

Time to move on to Hero's, I guess. and time to step up my Pride DVD game. Those shits are gonna be at a Premium now.

yeah I will miss the rules and ring and better refs. but let's not get all romantic and pretend that Pride was not also crooked as fuck.

• Those shits are gonna be at a Premium now.

the real valuable pieces will be the vinyl dolls. the Rampage one was my fav where he's holding a yellow card and showin his grill.

• the likenesses are actually unreal:

the pancrase joints:

tellin ya man soon UFC will be on some don king boxing type bullshit, some of the last several fights have been seriously

yeah I will miss the rules and ring and better refs. but let's not get all romantic and pretend that Pride was not also crooked as fuck.

Even the crooked-ness which you state, pales in the comparison to the quality fights and production that Dreamstage Entertainment consistently brought to the fans. LONG LIVE PRIDE.

Among my Pride memorabilia:

Fedor black t-shirt
    The Real Deal promo shirt (with mark coleman and fedor on back)
    Pride cellphone accessory
    Numerous Japanese MMA-related mags
    Several old Pride events on VHS

Now, all I need are the DVDs (IN JAPANESE).

• i proudly rock a Minotauro shirt, Saku shirt and I have a gang of Pride posters. plus lots of old fights dubbed on VHS.