menace to society soundtrack

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
being that i got into earth wind and fire ridiculously late, this may be a ridiculous question, but in the movie menace ii society, at the scene where dude's father and friends are getting coked out at the table while playing cards (before he shoots the guy that mouthed off), the tune in the background, is it ew&f? if so, whats the song? i just know the song is not on the official soundtrack, and to me it really sounds like ew&f, but i never heard the song in full, always hear a snippet of it at a bar or whatever cursing myself for never hearing the song in full. ayuda por favor, i need this song in my life!

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    It's been years since I've seen the movie so I don't remember the exact scene and song you are talking about. The Menace II Society soundtrack is all rap records from that era. There is no EW&F song on the soundtrack. You should have all the EW&F albums from the first up till the mid 80s anyway. Best group of all time.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    true, but u know every song u hear while watching a movie isn't necessarily on the "official soundtrack"...i think i recall an nwa or ice cube track used in the movie but wanst part of the official soundtrack. someone PLEASE tell me what the song in question is...."I'l suck yo dik" "anyone wanna cheeseburger?"

• Don't remember that song, but that soundtrack was ridiculously good. Was also where I first heard UGK, with the 'Pocket Full of Stones,' port arthur remix.

Easily my favorite early-90s hip hop soundtrack.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    It's Marvin Gaye-Gotta Give It Up,the only studio track from the live album.
    That's my JAM! I adore that song, makes me happier than happy everytime I hear it.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    That's my JAM! I adore that song, makes me happier than happy everytime I hear it.

lord jesus christ. thankyou holmes.thanks for real... this song is so freshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcyw9QJwfY0&mode=related&search=&v3

lord jesus christ. thankyou holmes.thanks for real... this song is so freshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcyw9QJwfY0&mode=related&search=&v3

No problemo, that clip is sweeeet!

Speaking of the Menace II Society soundtrack can somebody hook me up with
    an MP3 of Da Lench Mob-Guerrillas Ain't Gangstas.
    I've been jonesing to hear that tune lately and this thread reminded me of it.

• actually... if you're talking about the music from this scene here...

• and here's that Lench Mob track you requested, cpeetz...

Yeah I couldn't find the exact clip on Youtube but before the poker game,
    they are having a party at the house and they are playing the Marvin Gaye track.

and here's that Lench Mob track you requested, cpeetz...

You are the man!

• some will call this blasphemy, but Dukeyman chopped up marvin's GTGIU and turned it into a pretty cool b-more club track a few years back:

still, nothing touches the original. such a monster jam.

• Don't remember that song, but that soundtrack was ridiculously good. Was also where I first heard UGK, with the 'Pocket Full of Stones,' port arthur remix.

Easily my favorite early-90s hip hop soundtrack.

the Juice sndtrk is far better imo....menace is good, but has some weak moments....

• For all you wedding DJs, Got To Give It Up is a must have classic.

• For all you wedding DJs, Got To Give It Up is a must have classic.

And, a great bathroom break song.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Juice sndtrk is far better imo....menace is good, but has some weak moments....

1. Uptown Anthem - Classic
    2. Juice (know The Ledge) - Super Classic
    3. Is It Good To You - Decent New Jack Swing track that you dont ever hear anymore
    4. Sex, Money & Murder - whatever
    5. Nuff' Respect - ?
    6. So You Want To Be A Gangster - ?
    7. It's Going Down - Mary J. Blige filler
    8. Don't Be Afraid - BANGIN' Aaron Hall
    9. He's Gamin' On Ya' - ?
    10. Shoot' em Up - ?
    11. Flipside - ?
    12. What could Be Better Bitch - Son of Bazerk
    13. Does Your Man Know About Me - ???
    14. People Get Ready (Remix)????
    [/b]

VS.

1. Nigga Gots No Heart - Spice 1 - ehh
    2. Streiht Up Menace - MC Eiht - at this point Eiht was in a zone
    3. Packin' A Gun - Ant Banks - ???
    4. Top Of The World - Kenya Gruv - ???
    5. Only The Strong Will Survive - Too Short - ???
    6. All Over A Ho - Mz. Kilo Listen - ????
    7. Guerillas Ain't Gangstas - Da Lench Mob - ???
    8. You Been Played - Smooth - obligatory R&B/Rap
    9. Lick Dem*********** - Brand Nubian - pass
    10. Death Becomes You - Pete Rock /CL Smooth - Yes
    11. Unconditional Love - Hi-Five - ???
    12. 'P' Is Still Free - Boogie Down Productions - ehh
    13. Stop Lookin' At Me - The Cutthroats - ???
    14. Pocket Full Of Stones - U.G.K - Classic
    15. Can't **** Wit A Nigga - DJ Quik - I forget
    16. Bonus Track: Trigga Gots No Heart - Spice 1 - ehh
    [/b]

I still go w/ Menace for overall feel, but Juice's Rakim song kills everything in its path.