Damn This LP Is Funky

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Never had this before.....can't remember ever passing it up either....Just gave it a listen and it was NOT what I expected.The 10+ minute title track is just the kind of funk I dig.Is this a well known LP that I just missed the bus on??

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    yeah. ive seen probably 4-5 copies in my life. never listen to it much but theres some good stuff on it. yours must be an earlier pressing than ANY copy ive ever seen because usually the front isnt a paste-on and it has this weird blocky text.

• classic

• Hey Rich,

It's pretty well known with beat heads, and doesn't command a huge amount of money, but is a really cool LP that doesn't turn up every day.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Cool....a lot of Little Richard's 70's and 80's stuff is spotty at best....this was a pleasant surprise.....I'll take a late pass.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Hey Rich,

It's pretty well known with beat heads, and doesn't command a huge amount of money, but is a really cool LP that doesn't turn up every day.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Yeah, haven't had a copy for a while but I remember it being pretty good... especially for a funky geezer moves record.

• If you like this one you should also pick up "Second Coming"

with the great track "Nuki Suki"

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    had a little richard come-up recently where i was a bit surprised, a joint where he plays with hendrix, didnt know those two ever jammed together..(then again im not that deep into jimi hendrix's bio, i just dig his music)

• had a little richard come-up recently where i was a bit surprised, a joint where he plays with hendrix, didnt know those two ever jammed together..(then again im not that deep into jimi hendrix's bio, i just dig his music)

early in his career, hendrix played in richard's band, and thats when those recordings date from

• I never particularly thought of it as "funky," just a raunchy early '70s rock 'n' soul record, but it is a goodie.

yours must be an earlier pressing than ANY copy ive ever seen because usually the front isnt a paste-on and it has this weird blocky text.

...and the label on my copy is all orange, not the pink-and-orange seen in the photo.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I've been meaning for years to make a mix/comp of
    all 50's artists doing funky/modern stuff from the late 60's
    and early 70's. There's more than enough to make a solid
    mix.