academic journal question

JayCeeEllJayCeeEll 15 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
to begin: longtime lurker, first-time poster.one of my college classes has a group project about studying "the information needs and uses of a group that is of interest to you" and i of course thought about the record collectros out there in the world. we've got a lot of resources that are mainstream (wax poetics, deep crates, vinyl junkies by brett milano...) but we're trying to hunt down some more collegiate articles (academic journal type stuff) about vinyl collecting culture. dunno if anyone knows of anything out there, but we'd love any info you can pass on.also, if anyone lives in or near madison, wi and is interested in being interviewed about how they get the information they use to support their record collecting habit get at me.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

also, if anyone lives in or near madison, wi and is interested in being interviewed about how they get the information they use to support their record collecting habit get at me.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    madison, wi

Mad Drama Teacher/Mikeseavers?

• we're trying to hunt down some more collegiate articles (academic journal type stuff) about vinyl collecting culture. dunno if anyone knows of anything out there, but we'd love any info you can pass on.

as someone who studied similar phenomena (phenomenons?) i can tell you that - a few years ago when i was writing my master thesis - there was nothing along these lines. However, there is some solid research and articles about group dynamics and collective identity in online communities. Feel free to pm me if you like.

good luck,

RC

• we're definitely leaning pretty heavily on the message boards and other online communities as information sources, so those articles should help flesh that out.

• batmon, are you asking who i am, or suggesting someone for us to talk to?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    are you asking who i am, or suggesting someone for us to talk to?

you see, here they always think a new person posting is an alias. NO one else exists to them.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    batmon, are you asking who i am, or suggesting someone for us to talk to?

Someone to maybe talk to. I think Mad Drama Teacher is from that area. Im sure he correct me if im off.

Elise could ya pleez stop blowin up my PM.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Jstor.