I missed Record Day???

SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
Too busy with work to get my download on. aaahhh well... I guess I'll take what I can get from the leftovers. Here's my puny contribution:http://www.zshare.net/download/3786433703b6e5/ PSYCH PROG DRUMS JAZZ AVANT UBER UBER UBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!- spidey

Comments

• Nice!

I too missed out...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I know I will sound like a "hatter" for saying so, but you guys didn't miss a whole lot.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I know I will sound like a "hatter" for saying so, but you guys didn't miss a whole lot.

I hate to say it, but this year was kind of disappointing.

• I had a blast. Lots of great goodies posted, great conversation. Talking about nothing but records was a much needed break, although i'm glad it's back to normal.

• Yeah I actually was gonna post up a lot more schitt, and took time to rip stuff and put some thought into it, but was kind of disappointed in the lack of effort elsewhere. I decided not to put another night's work into posting the rest of the stuff. I did think that it was cool to not have all the nrr threads for a day...

It's a pity because last few times were awe-inspiring. Seemed like for all the complaining, nobody really wanted to step up. A lot of dudes who smirked at the idea of record day being about the swap of mp3s still did not take the time or effort to post an interesting or informative thread... about... records.

The meta waxidermy-talking-about-record-day-on-soulstrut thread was totally hertroerotic though.

• The meta waxidermy-talking-about-record-day-on-soulstrut thread was totally hertroerotic though.
    This still occurs on the waxidermy boards?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I definitely wish I had put more of an effort into the discussion, at the very least. But, I was absolutely swamped at work all day.

• The meta waxidermy-talking-about-record-day-on-soulstrut thread was totally hertroerotic though.

Dudes actually spent time there, talking about someone who posts here.

EROTIC.

• I know I will sound like a "hatter" for saying so, but you guys didn't miss a whole lot.

There was no enthusiasm, discussion or appreciation this time around. I spent a good amount of time ripping raers and taking pics to no audience. Not worth my time if no one's into it anymore. Oh well.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

The meta waxidermy-talking-about-record-day-on-soulstrut thread was totally hertroerotic though.

Dudes actually spent time there, talking about someone who posts here.

EROTIC.

• I know I will sound like a "hatter" for saying so, but you guys didn't miss a whole lot.

There was no enthusiasm, discussion or appreciation this time around. I spent a good amount of time ripping raers and taking pics to no audience. Not worth my time if no one's into it anymore. Oh well.

YUP!

No offesne to naldo but soulstrut turned into OINK for a few hours. I mean I posted mp3's but I tried and put what I was putting into the context of "yo I like these songs and they kind of get overlooked"

• Well the d/l counts for the stuff I put up were ridiculous... and yet, only a small percentage of that amount posted even "thanks" in my thread, let alone actually posted something about the music. I don't really care about the "thanks", but I do care about the discussion aspect. I thought record day was about music, not Christmas presents.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I don't really care about the "thanks", but I do care about the discussion aspect. I thought record day was about music, not Christmas presents.

Exactly. After watching other people's threads and my own go nowhere I stopped posting. It's a shame considering this is a record website at it's core, but has become TMZ lite.
    I still have hope tho
    I wonder if some people were intimidated to post and other folks didn't want to give up the goods (just step)?

• I don't really care about the "thanks", but I do care about the discussion aspect. I thought record day was about music, not Christmas presents.

Exactly. After watching other people's threads and my own go nowhere I stopped posting. It's a shame considering this is a record website at it's core, but has become TMZ lite. I still have hope tho

Next thing they're gonna tell me there's no Santa Claus.

• I don't really care about the "thanks",

yeha you do!

but yo, but we got a good idea of who's not a toy with this music shit and who is. A lot people who are always thrashing on here didn't say SHIT and had nothing to say. I'm not mad at that.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I don't really care about the "thanks",

yeha you do!

but yo, but we got a good idea of who's not a toy with this music shit and who is. A lot people who are always thrashing on here didn't say SHIT and had nothing to say. I'm not mad at that.

Yes. My number one priority in spending time here is keeping my toydom lists updated.

• you must be very busy.

• I'm no expert on the previous record days, but I too noticed that things seemed to be really slow. All the normal hot topic/gossip threads get way more views and way more response. There were lots of record day posts with interesting music in them that were getting maybe 30-50 views.

Oh well. I ended up grabbing a few cool things. Thanks to everyone who added stuff. Lot's of people were being generous. I'm not much of an mp3 guy because things just get lost in the shuffle for me if I don't have an actual object to put on to listen to, but I do appreciate the things I grabbed. I was uploading some stuff and trying to download some things, so I didn't get a chance to listen to everything and haven't commented on all of them yet.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• Yeah, so I wasn't looking for a "thanks", but I was looking for an interest in the tracks I posted because they're from a mix CD I've been working on and hyping up for over a year. Obviously I know the spirit of Record Day is supposed to be selfless, but it also seemed like a good time to test the waters. Now I'm all paranoid that no one's interested considering Soulstrut is pretty much my only audience. I got the fear son!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Yeah, so I wasn't looking for a "thanks", but I was looking for an interest in the tracks I posted because they're from a mix CD I've been working on and hyping up for over a year. Obviously I know the spirit of Record Day is supposed to be selfless, but it also seemed like a good time to test the waters. Now I'm all paranoid that no one's interested considering Soulstrut is pretty much my only audience. I got the fear son!

For what it's worth, that 45 mix you posted up the other month (the one with the Middle Eastern stuff, then female soul, then male funk, then psych, then synthesizer grooves and so on), while playing it on my computer several days ago at the jobsite turned a couple of heads from some of my construction co-workers who are normally into top 40 club BS. When the theme from Quiller came on, it stimulated a discussion about British crime TV shows and movies with my supervisor.