Some Moodymann/Kenny Dixon Jr 12"es

Comments

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    if i remember correctly, andres is dj dez. he was slum village's dj

• Andres is not Moodymann! KDJ just released stuff for him.

I forget dude's name, but he is actually a hip-hop producer. It's for some hip-hop group people here would recognize, like PUTS or something like that.

Seriously? In that case ive been mistaken for years!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i thought moodymann had a lot to do w/ that stuff tho

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    if i remember correctly, andres is dj dez. he was slum village's dj

He still is. I just went to see Slum Village & Phat Kat last weekend and he was backing up SVee.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    anyone got sum rick wilhite stuff ?

• we need to have more house music threads.

• anyone got sum rick wilhite stuff ?

Yeah, but I can't remember what. Maybe I just remember his name from some 3 Chairs records, or maybe an inside cut or two on some KDJ or Theo releases...

• Anyone got any Osunlade heat for the boy? I picked up the double cd he did on Souljazz (retrospective) and I wasn't really feeling too much, but I still want to give the boy a chance.

Can someone upload the Osunlade and Erro track for me "Change" or something? Schitt is did-ope.

• Anyone got any Osunlade heat for the boy? I picked up the double cd he did on Souljazz (retrospective) and I wasn't really feeling too much, but I still want to give the boy a chance.

Can someone upload the Osunlade and Erro track for me "Change" or something? Schitt is did-ope.

Change is the only worthy cut he did, in my opinion of course. Not a fan of his. It seems like his music is always lacking something.

As far as Deep NYC House Music goes, it's all about old Mood II Swing records.

• Yeah with Osunlade/Yoruba stuff a lot is just like BONGOS AND CONGOS. but yo, the yoruba remix of "rock with you" is another banger he did.

I'm familiar with the name "mood II swing", I might even have a random 12'' or so. thanks for the info

the dj dez/andres shit is really doing it for me right now.

There's half a dozen shitty mixes around

ERRO OG

... but this is the only one that works for me

Prime Time remix

Osunlade is that stuff hiphopdj's spin when they get eclectic on datazz. I'm all about 4/4 after midnight but none of that spiritual uplifting nature house rocks my boat.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    edit: starting a new thread instead

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    anyone got sum rick wilhite stuff ?

Rick Wilhite "Roots Of Detroit (revise)"[/b]

Crazy drunken slo-mo headnod with splashes of "The Ballad Of Dorothy Parker".
    I really like this one.

and another MM:

Moodymann "Outer Drive"[/b]

Mad disco crowd filteration.

They're both from the A-side of the 3 Chairs double 12" from '97.

The other disc has that MM jawn "Track 2 Track" that was hiding somewhere inside your 5-part upload.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I'm late to the thread and I don't have Moodyman that hasn't been been posted, but thanks for posting all this stuff, it's really great music to see on Soulstrut and the uploads are very appreciated.

• I'm late to the thread and I don't have Moodyman that hasn't been been posted, but thanks for posting all this stuff, it's really great music to see on Soulstrut and the uploads are very appreciated.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    osunlade has some joints, its all about balancing it w/ the right tracks because the whole rainforestsoul steez can get a little heavy all at once.

THEO PARRISH UGLY EDITS

Made In The USA - Never Gonna Let U Go
    Fredddie Hubbard - Little Sunflower
    Sugarhill Gang - Hot Hot Summer Day
    GQ - Lies
    Willie Hutch - Slick
    Etta James - In The Basement
    Brainstorm - Journey To The Light

more to come / fill in if you can

• orainforestsoul steez can get a little heavy all at once.

killing it! but yeah man, that's why I coudn't really fuck with that Yoruba comp.

Can anyone recomend any good house mixes/mix-cd's of stuff that's mentioned in this thread?

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    THEO PARRISH UGLY EDITS

GQ - Lies
    Willie Hutch - Slick

damn thats some .much appreciated!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    THEO PARRISH UGLY EDITS

GQ - Lies
    Willie Hutch - Slick

damn thats some
    .much appreciated!
    yeah if you haven't heard the ugly edits before yr in for a treat
    my favorite is probably 'lies' but all those are great

also love 'get a match,' the one w/ the sylvester sample

and

the dells - get on down

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

My modest collection of Moodymann music consists of

Carl Craig People Make The World Go Round[/b] (Moodymann remix)
    J.A.N.[/b](?) the Prince-interview-sampling one
    Technologystolemyvynil[/b]
    I'd Rather Be Lonely[/b]
    the Telephone E.P.[/b]

Most of what I've heard by him, I really like, and he seems to have stayed true to his style in that his two recent releases stand up well against his earlier classics. Wish some other producers could maintain KDJ's consistency...

hook a dude up with id rather be lonely. i want that to play at work.

I don't know how. I have a Zen Creative and decks, so with a tutorial I might learn how to digitise some analogue, but then I'd also need to learn how to upload files...

Great thread btw, how about a Carl Craig one?

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Yeah i love onsulade's remixes but his tracks can get a bit much somtimes. But its all about balance.
    This thread is why i love the strut. I seriously only know about a dozen people in sydney who like this music. Carl Craig and Derick May are needed in this thread! As soon as i work out why my audiophile isn't working im gonna upload a bunch of UR stuff.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Wow, great to see so many people contributing to the thread!

That Rick Wilhite - Roots Of Detroit track is great, didn't know it was by him, I've heard it in this Moodymann set before, good stuff!

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    Great Thread.
    if you guys want to hear some "Harmonie Park" stuff, holler back.
    Rick Wade for president.

• JoshDJoshD 215 Posts
    Andr??s - Double EP [kdj26] 2000

some of moodymann's finest work imho. if anyone's got a spare, im still looking for a copy!

http://www.divshare.com/download/2092165-fbc

Andres is not Moodymann! KDJ just released stuff for him.

I forget dude's name, but he is actually a hip-hop producer. It's for some hip-hop group people here would recognize, like PUTS or something like that.

Andres is Dez from Slum Village Camp. If any of you ever have the oportunity, Dez is one of the most out cold DJs I've ever known. Honered to call him a friend.

And for those not knowing Kenny is one of the coolest cats on earth. See either of them if you can.

"Technology stoll my Vinyl" white labels! Now that's what's up.

Some Moodymann tracks, remixes, OG's:

1 2 3 4 5

Kenny's gonna kill me

"thank you" doesn't quite cut it here but dude....THANK YOU!

ain't no biggie

that KDJ016 is my alltime fave

Shades of Jae will always be mine, that shit was so massive in Chicago the year it dropped...I'll never forget how nuts crowds would go every time someone dropped that record. Gave me chills.

I'm digging that KDJ016 though, that little Gap Band breakdown is fresh as fuck. Dude has mastered subtle like no other.

• surprised no one mentioned Paul Randolph. He's on moody's label... He's mostly know for singing, but can play live instruments as well as beat machines. versatile.

needless to say he has a new album that is out everywhere but the U.S. I heard one of the tracks when Theo Parrish was playing.. Crowd went ape shit...

Waiting to cop. technology killed my vinyl (can anyone divshare on that?) - paul randolph's full length - moody's full length. He said it should be out in late fall meaning, 2008 most likely?

oh - if you want to get all the 313 real cheap ....

submerge.com - sorry if that was posted already. I got black mahogany for 2.99 on cd... shipping was more expensive than the music.

technology killed my vinyl (can anyone divshare on that?)

look a few pages back it's in one of my rshare packages