David Axelrod - Seriously Deep

crossingscrossings 946 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
this album is my shit. enjoy...David Axelrod - Seriously Deep (Polydor 1975)[/b]http://www.sendspace.com/file/q1ejht

Comments

• Thank you! Definitely my favorite Axelrod record.

• I thought you moved to NYC

• Nope. Still in Pittsburgh..
    I'll get out of here soon enough though.

• Thanks for posting this. Can't front on Axelrod. Such a great album title too.

• love this album...i found it years ago...at the most ghetto fucking thrift in the city...open for like 10 minutes...literally (I think everyone who was in there, owned it, and was somehow affiliated with it smoked crack)...but, that was a great day...it was during the axelrod onslaught of notoriety amongst the beat diggers...and it was the last one I didn't have...

just sampled some of the drums off it for a song for an mc I'm working with...

• my greatest Axelrod discovery was a sealed copy of Songs Of Experience in Monterey, CA. It was in the easy listening section inbetween two Bacharach's. This was at the height of the Axelrod craze, so it went from the $4 I paid for it to $250 in my pocket.

• my greatest Axelrod discovery was a sealed copy of Songs Of Experience in Monterey, CA. It was in the easy listening section inbetween two Bacharach's. This was at the height of the Axelrod craze, so it went from the $4 I paid for it to $250 in my pocket.

haha...yes! speaking of which...those are...probably my favorite records to find (that being the errant record in a section it has NO business being in...)..

case in point was when I went to Rasputin...this was like in 1999 or 2000 or so...and there was a dealer there (a Japanese dealer I've done business with)...and he was hawking everything...thumbing whatever he could find...I was kinda appathetic for some reason about digging...because he had said he went through everything (he had a stack he wouldn't let me look through)...so, I just was like...fuck it...i'll dig some weird shit up...went to the instruments section in classical....go to harp...Dorothy Ashby "Afro Harping"...boom...that was fun....dude had the most salty expression on his face...which made me think that would have been the best record in the stack...I just went upstairs...and paid (dude saved me like a couple hours of possible wasted digging time)...

• I wouldn't go so far to say I ride for seriously deep, but it's a cool LP.

• That thousand rads song or whatever makes my beathead proclivity get all wet.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    f***ck... i need all the SERIOUS axelrods!!!

that's strange i think i remember hearing from jinx that he found a copy too in monterey.

when i was last in monterey i didn't find a copy of shit but i did find the aquarium which is worth a visit, for the glowing jelly fish alone.