Did/do Fat Joe, Big L, O.C. dig?? (RR)

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Been curious about this for a minute. Obviously, Finesse, Diamond, and Showbiz used to dig and still do i'm assuming. But I was wondering about the other members of DITC...especially Fat Joe and Big L.anyone know?

Comments

• head034head034 24 Posts
    From my understanding no.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Also, does Mike Jones dig?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Between Finesse, Diamond D, and Showbiz the other three probably felt they would be more of the production side. Joe, OC & L would be more inclinded to be the voices.

Wasn't in Wax Poetic that Diamond gave Showbiz the distinction of coining the term "digging"

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Also, does Mike Jones dig?

who?

sorry, had to. can't believe nobody else did that. too obvious, huh?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    sorry, had to. can't believe nobody else did that. too obvious, huh?
    believe me, i contemplated it many times yesterday.

• forget about Buckwild and AG?

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Dunno, but Fat Joe has insisted in several interviews that he all but made the beat for "Candy Shoppe." Hilarious.

-e

forget about Buckwild and AG?
    figured Buckwild does... how bout AG? probably?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Never saw any of the D.I.T.C non-producer emcees at any of the record shows back in the days. Doesn't mean they don't dig, though... who knows.
    Did see Freddie Foxxx (although he does produce a little) and Busta Rhymes diggin'. Pharoah Monch too.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Dunno, but Fat Joe has insisted in several interviews that he all but made the beat for "Candy Shoppe." Hilarious.

-e

LOL!

why would he even want to take credit for that anyway?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

-e

"Did Someone Say Candy?"

Never saw any of the D.I.T.C non-producer emcees at any of the record shows back in the days. Doesn't mean they don't dig, though... who knows.
    Did see Freddie Foxxx (although he does produce a little) and Busta Rhymes diggin'. Pharoah Monch too.
    word Phantastic.
    curious, did you happen to ask Foxxx, Busta, or Monch what they were after? metal?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    monch produces too
    "they'll bury me with my sp-1200"

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    word Phantastic.
    curious, did you happen to ask Foxxx, Busta, or Monch what they were after? metal?

I only sold to Monch- the other dudes I ran into at the shows before I started setting up a table there. So I don't really know what those dudes were after. Monch was just after some hot sh*t... I can't remember what he bought from me, but I know it was a couple of my heavier pieces ($$$$ related). I think Buckwild was kinda coaching him along, helping him on what to buy. This was right around the time when he was first talking about doing a solo album.