Cosmo Baker Pharoahe Monche Cross Country Tour

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited September 2007 in Announcements
Word up. I'm psyched.September 24th - 29th: The Scion Live Metro Tour[/b]Featuring the one and onlyPharoahe Monch[/b]withOrgone[/b]& Cosmo Baker[/b]FREE with RSVP @ http://www.scion.com/livemetro- Monday, September 24th, 2007[/b] @ Varsity Theatre[/b] - 1304 4th St. SE - Minneapolis, MN[/b]- Wednesday, September 26th, 2007[/b] @ Blueberry Hill[/b] - 6504 Delman Blvd. - St. Louis, MO[/b]- Friday, September 29th, 2007[/b] @ The Shelter[/b] - 431 E. Congress - Detroit, MI[/b]- Saturday, September 29th, 2007[/b] @ Metro[/b] - 3730 N. Clark St. - Chicago, IL[/b]Make sure to RSVP to this event for free admittance.Thundercats HO.

Comments

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    i'm there. holler if you've got down time..

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Ho! Tonight in The Nap.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I hit up the show on Saturday but got there a little late. Pharoah was probably half way through his set. I thought it was just OK. I'd never been a huge fan of his but I definitely prefer his angry rhymes to his more neo soul-type stuff. The band was pretty good but it seemed like it was a large production just for the sake of it -- maybe because of all that Scion money.

What type of stuff were you playing, Tenth? I was most looking forward to that. A lot of DJs pull out their house records when they slide through which sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't -- everybody gets sick of hearing Larry Heard spun by out-of-town DJs, but I trust you would've turned out it correct. I woulda came earlier but I hit up The Donnas concert with a work buddy.

Couldn't beat the ticket prices! Smart Bar was free too.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I hit up the show on Saturday but got there a little late. Pharoah was probably half way through his set. I thought it was just OK. I'd never been a huge fan of his but I definitely prefer his angry rhymes to his more neo soul-type stuff. The band was pretty good but it seemed like it was a large production just for the sake of it -- maybe because of all that Scion money.

What type of stuff were you playing, Tenth? I was most looking forward to that. A lot of DJs pull out their house records when they slide through which sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't -- everybody gets sick of hearing Larry Heard spun by out-of-town DJs, but I trust you would've turned out it correct. I woulda came earlier but I hit up The Donnas concert with a work buddy.

Couldn't beat the ticket prices! Smart Bar was free too.

I was playing hip-hop but they deaded my set like 25 minutes in. We went downstairs to Smartbar afterwards to get it in.